Caroline Meteore vs Old Blood... reverbs

DavidRAZ

Still looking for a good reverb that can go for a subtle reverb to very extreme ambient lush sounds. I'm really liking these two. Any of you have compared them? Any comments on those?

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Gold Supporting Member
The Meteore doesn't do either subtle or lush. It only does AWESOME. Really. There's a pretty intense slapback, and a practical limit to the size of the space, plus there's grit. Where the Meteore excels is as a very playable, guitarish reverb, much like you'd use a spring (or a spring with a slapback delay).

For both subtle and lush in one pedal, I use a Wet. I have an old two-knob mono one and tweak the knobs on the fly with my foot while playing. Subtle and lush in one continuum.

I hoped the Meteore would replace the Wet. Instead, I wind up using both. Horses for courses.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Neither is what you're looking for.

I was incredibly disappointed in the Procession and thought the verbs and modulation were unimpressive. I sold it more or less upon receipt.

The Meteore is extremely cool. I'm enjoying getting to know it.

transmission

Neither is what you're looking for.

I was incredibly disappointed in the Procession and thought the verbs and modulation were unimpressive. I sold it more or less upon receipt.

The Meteore is extremely cool. I'm enjoying getting to know it.
I had exactly the same experience with the Procession, could not get rid of it fast enough. Seemed so promising in the demos.

Now enjoying a Meteore, along with my Big Sky. The Meteore can do subtle spring type sounds, but maybe not ideal if you want lots of variety in the subtle sounds.

What's your budget? Look into, Strymon Blue Sky, Digitech Polara, Dr Scientist Reverbrator, Neunaber Wet, Neunaber Immerse.

DavidRAZ

I had exactly the same experience with the Procession, could not get rid of it fast enough. Seemed so promising in the demos.

Now enjoying a Meteore, along with my Big Sky. The Meteore can do subtle spring type sounds, but maybe not ideal if you want lots of variety in the subtle sounds.

What's your budget? Look into, Strymon Blue Sky, Digitech Polara, Dr Scientist Reverbrator, Neunaber Wet, Neunaber Immerse.
Thank you guys, I don't know where I would be without TGP.
Ok I'm planning to spend 200 on a reverb pedal for ambience, I already have the polara and it's a great pedal but it can go crazy. I wanted just a single pedal that can do both, for a subtle reverb to some crazy sounds. I know people here love the Wet, but I've never tried it or feel so into it. Never tried the Dr. scientists reverbrator either. So I was taking a look to the new MXR reverb and looked nice, but I was looking for something with the expand o hold function like the Meteore or the OBNE reverbs. I been curious about the Blue Sky recently but I don't know if it can goes from subtle to crazy.

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
Still looking for a good reverb that can go for a subtle reverb to very extreme ambient lush sounds. I'm really liking these two. Any of you have compared them? Any comments on those?
WET. Keep on the straight and narrow and getcherself one ;)

Philippe_CGC

Thank you guys, I don't know where I would be without TGP.
Ok I'm planning to spend 200 on a reverb pedal for ambience, I already have the polara and it's a great pedal but it can go crazy. I wanted just a single pedal that can do both, for a subtle reverb to some crazy sounds. I know people here love the Wet, but I've never tried it or feel so into it. Never tried the Dr. scientists reverbrator either. So I was taking a look to the new MXR reverb and looked nice, but I was looking for something with the expand o hold function like the Meteore or the OBNE reverbs. I been curious about the Blue Sky recently but I don't know if it can goes from subtle to crazy.
Thanks for digging our work. I think Meteore can be quite subtle and nice when dialed back a great deal. With everything at zero except the level, it's basically operating the brick reverb at it's small setting, no regeneration or extra gain, and within its standard operational parameter to simulate a small reverb tank. Giving it just a touch of regeneration gives it a bit more wobble and opens it up, and the expand function can work nicely in tandem with those subtle settings.

I can also vouch for Brian Neunaber's products - I own a Slate and I think it's a marvel, and with the software it makes all of his really beautiful pedal work available to you. So if you don't like it as a reverb, it can be a delay, a chorus, tremolo, shimmer, or other magical device.

The OBNE guys are friends and make really cool stuff.

Last edited:

JGonzalez

I'm really enjoying the OBNE Dark Star but it never gets subtle in my opinion. When I describe subtle, I mean as a natural, always on effect. The mix can be tamed but the trails are always deep. Amazing for the infinite ambient stuff though.

Trending Topics