Carr Hammerhead head II. Opinions?

slimdave

One of these popped up in a local forum. The clips I heard sounded incredible!!!

I'm looking for an amp with nice cleans around 30w and the ability of getting dirty. A master volume is a plus. The idea is to play this in a rock pop Americana band context. Could this one fulfill my need? Opinions?

Thanks in advance.

JKjr

Clean isn't really what a Hammerhead is all about. It does a great "clean-ish", but the drive is the thing and a REAL good thing it is. Really touch sensitive like all Steve Carr's amps, and it's great for controlling the amount of grease with your right hand. Play soft or leave your guitar volume at around 8 or so for the cleaner stuff. Dig in or roll the volume to 10 for grit. You know...old school. I'd be happy using one in your context, they're one of my favorite amps. Just don't expect Twin cleans.

slimdave

Thanks for your reply. I actually like old school. I've been playing only tweeds for the last 2 years, so I know how to use the guitar volume ;)
I don't mind a cleanish sound as long as it can be controlled by the guitar volume. But I don't want an overdrive machine...

Primakurtz

I love mine. The Grip and Impact controls can take you from cleanish to dirty, and thin to fat. Just a great amp.

Trending Topics