Sold Carved Top Jazzmaster / Esquire - Gotoh, Warmoth & Fender Parts

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
Carved Top Jazzmaster / Esquire Build - $699 shipped CONUS

DISCOUNT ALERT: Quarantine is starting to drag, and I'm having impure thoughts about stripping and refinishing my various guitar builds. That said, I could likely use the money more than another project, so I've discounted my complete builds and will be establishing separate listings for just the bodies. If you have questions (or color suggestions), just give me a shout. Thanks!

Hey! I'm raising funds for a new business, so as much as I hate to do it, one of my favorites--an novel little beast I've taken to calling the Space Odyssey--is up on the block. This guitar, like most that I build, is for the players who think Fender got it mostly right--players who want all the twang, more bang, and build quality that'll outlast the 'real' thing. In short, if you think of guitars as tools, I do my best to build hammers. More pics on my Imgur album, but here's a good one for the ad:

And, of course, specs.
  • Body: Clear pine;
  • Neck: Maple; 'Modern C' carve; 10-16" radius;
  • Fretwire: Stainless steel 6105;
  • Nut: TUSQ;
  • Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer; light wear;
  • Pickup: GFS Dream 90;
  • Bridge: Wteel baseplate; brass saddles;
  • Tuners: Gotoh 3SD05MA;
  • Misc. Hardware: Fender dome knobs; Planet Waves brass end pins; Electrosocket jack plate; extra thick .104" steel neck plate; brass neck inserts & stainless machine screws;
  • Electronics: Bournes; Orange Drop; Switchcraft;
  • Wiring: Volume - Tone - Bass Contour;
  • Weight: 6lbs 1oz (!)
With premium parts, great action and lightly-aged retro-futuristic looks, this thing will handle anything you can throw at it. Bottom line, if you dig the vibe, you'll dig the guitar. And! If you prefer a blank headstock, the decal is a snap to remove. The guitar won't mind.

SO. I believe that's it for the sell. If the guitar interests you, if you have questions, or if you want to work a deal on parts, just holler. Of course, if you prefer, the guitar is available in my Reverb shop as well. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

1936chebbie

I hope this new business is building guitars sir . you have an eagles eye for what a guitar could be. Good luck .
Carved Top Jazzmaster / Esquire Build - $799 shipped CONUS

Hey! I'm raising funds for a new business, so as much as I hate to do it, one of my favorites--an novel little beast I've taken to calling the Space Odyssey--is up on the block. This guitar, like most that I build, is for the players who think Fender got it mostly right--players who want all the twang, more bang, and build quality that'll outlast the 'real' thing. In short, if you think of guitars as tools, I do my best to build hammers. More pics on my Imgur album, but here's a good one for the ad:

And, of course, specs.
  • Body: Clear pine;
  • Neck: Maple; 'Modern C' carve; 10-16" radius;
  • Fretwire: Stainless steel 6105;
  • Nut: TUSQ;
  • Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer; light wear;
  • Pickup: GFS Dream 90;
  • Bridge: Wteel baseplate; brass saddles;
  • Tuners: Gotoh 3SD05MA;
  • Misc. Hardware: Fender dome knobs; Planet Waves brass end pins; Electrosocket jack plate; extra thick .104" steel neck plate; brass neck inserts & stainless machine screws;
  • Electronics: Bournes; Orange Drop; Switchcraft;
  • Wiring: Volume - Tone - Bass Contour;
  • Weight: 6lbs 1oz (!)
With premium parts, great action and lightly-aged retro-futuristic looks, this thing will handle anything you can throw at it. Bottom line, if you dig the vibe, you'll dig the guitar. And! If you prefer a blank headstock, the decal is a snap to remove. The guitar won't mind.

SO. I believe that's it for the sell. If the guitar interests you, if you have questions, or if you want to work a deal on parts, just holler. Of course, if you prefer, the guitar is available in my Reverb shop as well. Thanks for looking!

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
I hope this new business is building guitars sir . you have an eagles eye for what a guitar could be. Good luck .
Wow, thank you! No plans to go pro for now, but I’ll likely keep building as a hobby and occasional side hustle. Thanks again!

Trending Topics