Case for Starcaster???

philwing

I just bought one of the reissued Starcasters. It doesn't come with a case though (or even a gigbag, for that matter.)

Anybody figured out what kind of cases work well with Starcasters? Please, share your wisdom with me!

I'd like to get a hardshell for it ASAP.

phazersonstun

A friend fit his in an acoustic gigbag.
I haven't been able to find a hard shell that fits it yet.
I heard fender will be releasing cases but no idea when.

Joisey

There was a thread recently where I believe a gretsch case worked. A quick search should turn up pay dirt.

Braunzo

My TKL aftermarket case for a 335 works perfectly for the Coronado and the Starcaster, both.

telemike

Fender is issuing a gig bag under their Metro Series that is designed for the Starcaster. The Fender product number is 0991612206. I have one on order but haven't received it yet.

Sconnie

G&G makes the best cases for fender guitars. I had a bit of trouble getting mine though because i ordered one directly from the manufacturer. Exactly one. That was a bit of an issue because they usually fill larger orders for their retailers, it took me two months to get it (one month longer than they said it would take). You can get them probably anywhere, i know callaham sells them if you arent looking to pick and choose everything like I wanted to.

Kestrel

Another bump to this thread. Picked up a Starcaster, but definitely want a hardshell case. Is it confirmed whether or not it'll fit in a 335 case?

wi3465

Guitar Hack
Platinum Supporting Member
Just bought a Epiphone Dot case today. The Starcaster fits nicely.

northstar6000

I have a starcaster and I bought a generic 335 case for it. It fits fine.

There is no way I would want it in a soft shell gig bag - that's for sure

philwing

@northstar6000 when I was in Guitar Center, I tried it in 2 different 335 cases and they were either too short or the bouts wouldn't fit the offset dimensions. Do you know which brand your case is?

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
I used an SKB acoustic case to ship my Starcaster and it fit really well. There was a bit of play on the body end due to the thinner body of the SC, but a couple towels took care of that.

philwing

I ended up going with a Silver Creek Vintage Archtop Hollowbody Guitar Case.
It fits pretty snug - no sliding around. I know that it'll break in, but so far, I'd highly recommend it.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
I ended up going with a Silver Creek Vintage Archtop Hollowbody Guitar Case.
It fits pretty snug - no sliding around. I know that it'll break in, but so far, I'd highly recommend it.
Would it fit with a Bigsby?

hotslaw

High Maintenance Fuss budget
Gold Supporting Member
My Fano GF6 came in a form fitting case made by GWW. Dimensions have to be pretty close.

Their website is gwwcases.com

Trending Topics