Case for the Fender Mustang PJ ?

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by cbnutt, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:47 PM.

1. cbnutt

cbnutt Member

Anyone know of a decent inexpensive case that fits a Fender Mustang PJ bass ?

2. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Supporting Member

Just got a Mustang PJ myself, and have done extensive research on this the last three days......

$119 for ABS, $129 for tolexed wood.......vs $209 for the "genuine Fender" Mustang/Bronco case. (Jan 2018 prices)
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GCBass

You can find similar on the bay for $89 or $99, but the manufacturers tell me they cannot guarantee that the cases on ebay are not old, discontinued and might have different dimensions than the current models advertise. Yeah, they have an interest in steering you to the current models, but for an extra $20-30 bucks I figure it's cheap insurance against having to do returns if you get the wrong one. Sweetwater's "case finder" confirmed that the GC-BASS from Gator will fit the Mustang, and humans at both Sweetwater and at Gator on the phone with me confirmed it also. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one myself, probably a few hours from now.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 9:18 PM