Case lining-where to buy?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by vintage66, Dec 27, 2009.

1. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I have an old black tolex case and I threw away one of the pieces of padding because I didn't need it with the guitar I was using it with. I need it back though. It's brown fur-type lining. I also need a piece of foam to wrap it around. I've searched around but nobody seems to carry any case parts except latches and handles. Who sells lining materials? Do I need to try a fabric store? Anything to look out for with a nitro finish?

2. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

Fabric store. Chemical interaction between synthetic fiber and gtr finish is a crapshoot.

3. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

This is a great question. I have my guitars in a cabinet in slots covered in fake fur from the fabric store. But I'd prefer one of the fabrics used in cases.

4. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Bump-anyone know of anyone that sells furry lining that's safe for guitars (nitro)? I guess I'll need some safe foam too to wrap it around. Suppliers for case manufacturers?

5. outtahear

outtahear Supporting Member

try-

DECUIR CORPORATION--4012, South Broadway Place, Los Angeles, California 90037. Telephone: (213) 233-4185. FAX: (213) 233-2957. Contact: C.D. DeCuir.

Give 'em a shot-might be the same folks that made cases for Fender, if they no gots, they might know who does.

6. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Thanks for the info-it's not a Fender case, but it looks a lot like one. I'll have to try them.

7. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Disconnected number.:(