• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Castledine or Area51 "drop-in" wah board?

TDavis

A friend of mine gave me a GCB 95 Crybaby that he wasn't using and I was considering a drop in kit and TB footswitch as a "project" just to see how it would turn out. I looked at the Castledine and the Area 51, and the internal trimmers and the halo inductor on the Castledine has my eye. Has anyone compared both these drop in kits? I'm wanting a vintage sound with some good vocal quality & "quack". Thanks!

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
I tried several times to get a Castledine drop in kit for a reissue Vox shell I had last year...after several trys I gave up and ordered a Wilson Signature board...halo inductor, trimmers for growl and Q, NOS Tropical Fish caps (by request), True Bypass (if you want, vintage bypass if you prefer), carbon comp resistors and NOS transisters make up a great sounding wah. The pre wired kit was ready to drop in and tweak the pot and Kevins customer servise is second to none.

Not the asnwer you were looking for but an answer, and a damn good one IMHO.

TDavis

I tried several times to get a Castledine drop in kit for a reissue Vox shell I had last year...after several trys I gave up and ordered a Wilson Signature board...halo inductor, trimmers for growl and Q, NOS Tropical Fish caps (by request), True Bypass (if you want, vintage bypass if you prefer), carbon comp resistors and NOS transisters make up a great sounding wah. The pre wired kit was ready to drop in and tweak the pot and Kevins customer servise is second to none.

Not the asnwer you were looking for but an answer, and a damn good one IMHO.
I agree....a damn good answer!! This is very good and informative and exactly the kind of stuff I need to know Thank you!

88mm

I had a Castledine board. I had great success with dealing with him. Board was great, sounded great and fantastic build quality. He has also helped me with parts on a DIY board also.
BUT....
That was about 3 years ago. So I can't really speak for the present.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom