• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Catalinbread Blood Donor

Jack DeVille

sickboy79

I think what they are doing is very cool. I love Catalinbread pedals, regardless of the backstory.

Shnook

Silver Supporting Member
I loathe all the drama that went on with Catalinbread but this pedal does sound pretty good. The Katzenkönig is probably one of my favorite pedals. A quieter version is welcome but I doubt I’d buy another Catalinbread pedal. But this seems like a good start for the new owners.

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Gold Supporting Member
Not trying to be a downer but is this an altruistic gesture during a time of pandemic or a PR move in a time of company need?

I want to believe it's the former.

Buddy67

Not trying to be a downer but is this an altruistic gesture during a time of pandemic or a PR move in a time of company need?

I want to believe it's the former.
Then believe the former and keep the latter to yourself. They put the time, energy, and capital into redesigning a pedal and then gave 100% of the profits away. Ditto for the posters and T-shirts. Even if they are trying to drum up some positive publicity, the fact that none of this is is an empty gesture is worth commending.

Arshist

I have a mini board with the Blood Donor, Angry Charlie v3, Rubberneck delay, Flint, and Prestige boost.

I can get all my 70s to 90s drive tones out of this pedal with ease. I'm actually going to replace the Angry Charlie with something other than a drive. I have two other boards, one with 2 drives/fuzzes, the other with 3, but Blood Donor has enough range to work alone.

The trick is finding the right balance for the Blood and Give knobs. I've been using Blood to help control how "RATty" it gets, and Give to controll how fuzzy. With it set right, it gets pretty fuzzy with guitar volume wide open, then a huge range of drive sounds backed off.

Been using tele, humbucker guitars, and some P90s with it, easy to dial in brightness and gain for each. Works well with the amps I've plugged in so far, a 60 Fender Brown Pro, Goodsell Super 17, Orange CS50 and Marshall 2204 circuit.

This pedal seriously had me reconsidering my approach. I'm now looking for other fuzzy drives rather than boost/OD into MAIB.

Trending Topics