Catalinbread DLS MKIII at 18 volts

wiltel24

Anyone running their's at 18 v in the 'super bass mode'? Does it improve the overall sound/headroom at lower amp volumes? Appreciate any opinions, before I go out and buy one (the adapter that is).

Ben Sp

It seemed to make more of a difference to me in Super Lead mode, but there is a headroom improvement in both modes with 18v.

wiltel24

It seemed to make more of a difference to me in Super Lead mode, but there is a headroom improvement in both modes with 18v.
Does a fuzz (if you have tried one, of course) sound better at 18v in super bass mode? I felt the fuzz seemed a little 'wimpy' and thin at 9v.

groovemeister

massive difference - makes the pedal sound more amp like even at bedroom volumes. i am in sb mode running at 16volts ( my bbe supa charger does not have 18v) and it sounds deadly. i would be lost without this pedal
the fuzz will sound better cause the dls will sound better

jawajt

As others have said. 18v is a great improvement and makes the pedal sound much "bigger". Also, stacking the Octopu$$y into the DLS is incredible, especially at 18v.

ChicagoJoe

Sounds great, I think. I love how it stacks with fuzzes at 9V or 18V. Unity volume at 18V, with the gain just a bit above noon, is way low. I just BARELY crack the volume knob and it's already louder than with the pedal off.

melodiusthunk

Bronzd & Supported Member
Gold Supporting Member
would not ever run it at 9v after trying it at 18v; like two different beasts I thought.

mdrake34

Sounds great, I think. I love how it stacks with fuzzes at 9V or 18V. Unity volume at 18V, with the gain just a bit above noon, is way low. I just BARELY crack the volume knob and it's already louder than with the pedal off.
Unity volume was at like 2:00 for me at 9:00, but is closer to 10:30-11:00 at 18v, huge difference.

I've kept mine in SL after messing around with SB for maybe 10 minutes when I first got it. With humbuckers it still produces gain even with the gain knob all the way down, so I think I'm going to try the SB mode again.

Trending Topics