• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Catalinbread Giygas Fuzz

Here's a little video I made for the new Catalinbread Giygas Fuzz. This thing is LOUD!

It's got a fantastic tone shaping EQ. You can even turn down the fuzz all the way and have a tone shaper for clean tones.

TheSpricket

Just saw a few videos, sounds great. There seems to be a new category of "Useable" fuzzes out there. I really like the idea of fuzzes with a clean mix. However, like a lot of these fuzzes, they tend to be a little too useable and lack those unique fuzz characteristics. It's like "How close can we get this to an overdrive?!"

There was a thread about this thing when it was announced. But do we know what it is yet? People were saying it sounds like a more useable muff. It sounds pretty tonebendery to me too, with all the of the eq options it's hard to tell.

Just saw a few videos, sounds great. There seems to be a new category of "Useable" fuzzes out there. I really like the idea of fuzzes with a clean mix. However, like a lot of these fuzzes, they tend to be a little too useable and lack those unique fuzz characteristics. It's like "How close can we get this to an overdrive?!"

There was a thread about this thing when it was announced. But do we know what it is yet? People were saying it sounds like a more useable muff. It sounds pretty tonebendery to me too, with all the of the eq options it's hard to tell.
It sounds great Tonebendery to me as well, with much more girth.

The EQ options are pretty fantastic. It's incredible you can turn the Fuzz off and use the pedal as a clean boost/EQ.

Skarmajunga

I think im gona have a hard time not buying one of these. I have yet to find a hoof killer but who knows.

Currently running into a ego compressor, tim pierce od, hoof, fat rat, spanish castle fuzz, and a wah

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
Let us know what you think of it
I'm crazy about it! I ordered a Katzenkonig to go with it too. The pair is kicking a couple of EHX Muffs off the board. The Giygas is significantly louder than the Muffs, and has more sounds in it than the Op Amp and Ram's Head Muffs that are leaving the board.

Katzenkonig is scheduled to arrive Wednesday this week.

Skarmajunga

I have a hoof and was thinking of trying this out, looking forward to your thoughts after you"ve had a chance to play with it

gbeak

I’d like to get one but Catalinbread does not seem to care about Canadians customers anymore. None available....****** as I own literally all their stuff and they can’t even bother to return email. With exchange and customs charges buying direct is no longer an option. Glad business is so good that they don’t have to make the effort the old team did.....

Skarmajunga

I’d like to get one but Catalinbread does not seem to care about Canadians customers anymore. None available....****** as I own literally all their stuff and they can’t even bother to return email. With exchange and customs charges buying direct is no longer an option. Glad business is so good that they don’t have to make the effort the old team did.....
Hopefully as they get more of them out there someone on the board can help you.

KoskineN

Silver Supporting Member
Just got one, and although it sounds super nice, I find it to be kinda noisy. Anyone else noticed this?

Skarmajunga

I got a giygas yesterday, like koskineN I thought it was a little noisy, maybe a little too overpowered. But I was only able to spend a few minutes with it. I'll try more in the next few days

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
The honeymoon is definitely over with my Giygas. It has a lot of great sounds, but I really can't find any of them to be useful in the context of a song. Noisy bugger too.

Over the weekend, I hooked up my Big Muffs again, and they were instantly musical. Wow!

Watch the Emporium. Giygas and Katzenkonig are probably going up for sale soon.

Trending Topics