Catalinbread Karma Suture

Pezza

I'm looking for a fuzz and the CB Karma Suture caught my eye/ear. I was thinking of getting a more conventional fuzzface and/or a RAT but the KS seems to cover both of those and have it's own mojo going on. It can also do dirty cleans which seems to make it quite flexible.

Is there anything else comparable that I should look at within a similar budget? (Prices are a lot higher here in the UK).

I have a black russian Big Muff already which I struggle to bond with.

musica23

It's based on a Harmonic Percolator (which I'd never heard of, let alone tried) and isn't really a fuzz, though it can be. And you're right...it definitely has its own mojo going on.

I can't think of one pedal to compare it to, and I'm a fuzz lover. It's really versatile...can be used as a clean boost, dirt, etc. And it's nothing like a muff. This thing can cut through the mix like crazy.

I bought one on a hunch and really like it a lot. Sorry I have no comparisons for you...just wanted to say this pedal is really good IMO! :aok

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
CB Karma Suture is a great fuzz. It sounds very special. It has that...yes, mojo is the right word. I didn't find it that aggressive as some demos present it. Stacks well with other pedals, works with compressor, very versatile. I'm glad I picked it up.

Pezza

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I'm going to put the Karma Suture at the top of my Christmas list. I hope Santa's got his reading glasses on or I might get something quite different!!!

I'm also fairly set on getting the Montavillian Echo. I love the subtle analogue (even though it's digital) goodness of the repeats much more than many of the warbly chorusy alternatives.

Monts

Silver Supporting Member
I ditto what everyone else said, I have one and it's not like any other fuzz pedal I own, I get amazing sustain from it and some very creamy distortion tones! It's not like a RAT or a muff, so you may want to keep that in mind, but I can't stop using it!

Cderosa1185

when you turn all the dials full clockwise you can get a really full, aggressive, zippery tone out of it. It rips.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
It definitely has an open, amp-like tone when you dial it in just so.

I loved mine, but it was the victim of its own versatility--I couldn't quite figure out its role on my board, so I sold it.

Trending Topics