1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Catalinbread Manx Loaghtan 'Ghost Edition' Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by elecguitargarage, May 17, 2011.

1. elecguitargarage

elecguitargarage Member

So just landed one of these off ebay from Catalinbread here's what they have to say about the difference between this and the production run.

Anyone have one already and what's it like because the clips of the production version sound awesome so I can only imagine how good this will sound with higher gain transistors?

About the "Ghost Edition"... We plan to make a very small percentage of the Manx with this cosmetic treatment. There are a couple sonic changes too, we are using higher gain transistors and a modified clipping array. Some of you nut jobs will love this! I know I do, just as much as I love the standard Manx. Different flavor is all!

2. Charmless

Charmless Silver Supporting Member

Danville, CA. Always looking for Carlsbro amps!
    How'd you dig it?

3. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

I wouldn't really want more gain than the normal edition since I think it already has quite a lot. And it's being delivered nicely, with each string still present (even a bit). By the way does anyone know why the normal edition no longer has its own page in the Catalinbread site? I certainly hope they are not stopping its production.

4. dirtnap101

dirtnap101 Member

I believe they did stop production, unfortunately.

5. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

6. Yarnhawk

Yarnhawk Member

Shame. I love mine.

7. vincolla

vincolla Member

Apparently they can't source enough transistors to keep it in production

8. dirtnap101

dirtnap101 Member

Yup, Vincolla's correct: check their Facebook page for a post saying the pedal is no longer in production from February 15th, there's a reply from them saying "We can't get enough of the transistors to keep the Manx in our line up."