• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Catalinbread

Vibrolucky

Gold Supporting Member
As a guitarist, I'm late to the game discovering Catalinbread stuff, but SO happy I found them.
About 3 months ago I starting playing with a band again, and was revamping my pedalboard / looking for some good delays. Picked up both the Belle Epoch Deluxe and the Echorec about two months ago and was waiting for the honeymoon period to wear off before posting this.

I've been a delay nut/freak for 25+ years, and I have to say that both these pedals (although both unique individually) are they most inspirational delays I've ever used! I am just thrilled beyond words everytime I experiment with them. Honestly if you are a Pink Floyd fan, you cannot go another day without getting an Echorec :) and that BED is scary close to a real Echoplex! Just cannot say enough good stuff about these and now curious about their other stuff.

I've read they are going through some problems, which saddens me knowing that their recent trend of making really cool stuff might change. I try not to follow gossip or rumors, but it would be a damn shame if something happened to them as a company. Not trying to stir anything up here, but I did just try to call them about a question and the technical support phone # was no longer in service.
Tried calling the sales line, and got a recording saying 'if this is an attempt to collect a debt from XXX employee they are no longer working here'.

Like I said, I hate that I'm late to the game here but that doesn't sound good if that recording is on the main phone line for customers to call. I hope that everything works out for them, and they continue to bring out some cool stuff, but regardless I wanted to say how happy I am with the two I bought.

Voodoo Soul Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Where did you read about the troubles....
I just bought a used Montavillian because some friends told me it was great....and it IS.
Fantastic actually....I call it Jimmy Page in a box....
It really does sound and react like a tube delay......
Do you prefer the Echorec over the BE?

Vibrolucky

Gold Supporting Member
Where did you read about the troubles....
I just bought a used Montavillian because some friends told me it was great....and it IS.
Fantastic actually....I call it Jimmy Page in a box....
It really does sound and react like a tube delay......
Do you prefer the Echorec over the BE?
Saw it here on TGP recently.

Voodoo Soul Blues

Gold Supporting Member
I've had that Montevillan on my mind for a long time.
I am really impressed with it.....so good it makes me want to get more of their stuff....like the op mentioned.
I have never used a pedal that so faithfully replicates the tube sound and feel.
It doesn’t overdue it either.....subtle....
It is worth the price of admission for what it does to your base tone alone.
I never liked pedals that changed my base tone until I plugged this thing in, the sound of the delayed signal is greatvas well.....nails the jimmy page blues slap delay.....

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
Not trying to stir anything up here, but I did just try to call them about a question and the technical support phone # was no longer in service.
Tried calling the sales line, and got a recording saying 'if this is an attempt to collect a debt from XXX employee they are no longer working here'.
WTF? Do they actually name someone directly?

tonedover

Platinum Supporting Member
yeah their customer service voicemail is weird. it says something about collections but you can EASILY tell its an attempt to be clever - the message is like 90seconds long of wise cracks and “witty” things that i didnt care to hear when i was simply trying to make an inquiry about a broken pedal....

it all ironed out in the end, but in the moment of a $200 pedal having an issue i wasnt happy with their attempt at levity

la noise

Clearly.... and not cleverly.... new management at C'Bread
doesn't hold the same values as C'Bread was founded upon. :(

Trending Topics