Catherine - SRV/Mark Knopfler Inspired Instrumental

Jack Fossett

Hey folks
Another new video! This is an instrumental I wrote for my wife, and today is her birthday:

Inspirations for this one are Stevie Ray Vaughan Lenny, Moon River, Jeff Beck Nadia, and Dire Straits Why Worry

For anyone interested in the gear, its a Fender American Standard Stratocaster with Lust for Tone 64 Lustcasters and a Tone Man Guitar Eric Johnson wiring harness, elixir strings, Vox AC30c2 with Eminence Red Fangs, Keeley Memphis Sun on double tracking mode, and McCaffrey Audio Reactor Compressor. Plugged in with Sinasoid slate cables, mic'd with a Shure SM57 and Blue Encore 100i into a Presonus 16.0.2.

Hope you all enjoy, and hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Cheers
Jack

Jack Fossett

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! Glad that you're enjoying it - hope you all have a very happy and safe New Years ~

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
Pretty song for sure. A few things....I'm surprised how clean the tone is coming out of an AC.

Could you please have a version II where you let loose a little 3/4 through? :)

Jack Fossett

Pretty song for sure. A few things....I'm surprised how clean the tone is coming out of an AC.

Could you please have a version II where you let loose a little 3/4 through? :)
Thank you! AC30's, IMO, are a very misunderstood amp - one of my favorite cleans, has such an even response thats very natural sounding.

And yes, saving that for the live versions ;-) I also intend at some point to record an acoustic version, as well as live with other rigs just to paint it a different way.

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
Thank you! AC30's, IMO, are a very misunderstood amp - one of my favorite cleans, has such an even response thats very natural sounding.

And yes, saving that for the live versions ;-) I also intend at some point to record an acoustic version, as well as live with other rigs just to paint it a different way.
I've owned an AC-15, but sold it because the clean headroom wasn't there in a live situation. The 30's will fill up a room with sound...so I ended up leaving them all together. This sounded mighty tasty though...looking forward to the live version!

Jack Fossett

Great job, beautiful song.
Many thanks! Appreciate all the kind words everyone - I had been focusing mostly on demos for a few years, but it was nice to get back into original music in 2016. Lots more to come this year!
Jack

Trending Topics