Cauble Custom Amps: My Custom Made Amp

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by xiwiwix, Feb 19, 2006.

1. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member

UPDATE: I added one gain clip; 2-22-06

Here is a Classic Rock Clip:

Gain
    edit

Here is the clean clip:

Clean Clip 1 (Right Click Save As)

Clean Clip 2 (Right Click Save As)

Gain Clip

I will update this thread when I get the gain clip.

Cauble Custom Amps

Cauble PSYCHOPOMP

The amps voicing is based off of the Omni-Tone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The close up of the face plate; front and back show most of the features. It has one or two push/pull knobs, I can't remember. Two mid knobs!!! One controlls the low mids and the other controlls the high mids. Two gain knobs!!! One controlls the gain and the other controlls the Saturation of the gain. I had the voicing based off of the Cauble Omni-Tone.

It has the Gain, Saturation, and Channel volume controls, and a global Master Volume. It also has separate effects Send and Return level controls on the back.

The Clean channel has a pull Bright switch on the Gain control.

The Dirty channel has a pull Smoothing function on the channel volume control, which smooths out the top end and compresses a little.

The Presence control is a standard presence control. The Presence Depth knob affects the severity of the effect of the Presence control--it can be thought of as a "tightness" control. The Depth knob "clicks" when you turn it all the way CCW, thus removing the presence circuit for "open loop" power amp operation. This is handy for boosting the bass response at lower volumes, and changes the character of the overall tone as well.

Take Care

2. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Member

First though: It's a little like a boutique Road King. Bet it sounds better though!

That's some innovative features you got there, sonny.

3. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member

Road King Toad King! :D

Yeah, Tom is the MAN!!! I can't wait to get this monster!!! It will be able to do crystal clear Fender cleans, to dirty Marshall cleans, to AC/DC Crunch, to Metallica Scooped 80's metal, to modern metal grind! :D

Take Care

4. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member

I added some more info about the amp.

Take Care

5. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member

6. carltonh

carltonh Member

Cauble is definitely very cool. I was at an ampfest where we had one of his half stacks right next to an Uberschall one. Cauble's out Uber'ed the Uberschall, sounding better and fuller than the Uberschall for that type of sound, but also had a much much better medium gain Marshall sound that the Uberschall couldn't get. I hope he does get some business. He is relatively local for me too. I've had him do minor mod work that was great and a great deal.

7. rjmmusic

rjmmusic Member

Wow - sounds pretty cool! Some of those features really appeal to me.

What was the wait time on that amp?

Let me be the first to say: CLIPS!!! ;)

8. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member

:dude

Take Care

9. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member

updated with clip

10. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member

I AM NOT A DEALER OF CAUBLE AMPS NOR AM I AFFILIATED WITH TOM AND CAUBLE AMPS other than him being a friend!

Here is a Classic Rock Clip:

Gain
    edit

Here is the clean clip:

Clean Clip 1 (Right Click Save As)

Clean Clip 2 (Right Click Save As)

Gain Clip

I will update this thread when I get the gain clip, I will be recieving more clips soon enough.

Cauble Custom Amps

Cauble PSYCHOPOMP

The amps voicing is based off of the Omni-Tone.

The close up of the face plate; front and back show most of the features. It has one or two push/pull knobs, I can't remember. Two mid knobs!!! One controlls the low mids and the other controlls the high mids. Two gain knobs!!! One controlls the gain and the other controlls the Saturation of the gain. I had the voicing based off of the Cauble Omni-Tone.

It has the Gain, Saturation, and Channel volume controls, and a global Master Volume. It also has separate effects Send and Return level controls on the back.

The Clean channel has a pull Bright switch on the Gain control.

The Dirty channel has a pull Smoothing function on the channel volume control, which smooths out the top end and compresses a little.

The Presence control is a standard presence control. The Presence Depth knob affects the severity of the effect of the Presence control--it can be thought of as a "tightness" control. The Depth knob "clicks" when you turn it all the way CCW, thus removing the presence circuit for "open loop" power amp operation. This is handy for boosting the bass response at lower volumes, and changes the character of the overall tone as well.

[​IMG]

Take Care

11. Normster

Normster Member

That's a great sounding amp. Gorgeous clean tone!!!

12. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

13. xiwiwix

xiwiwix Member