CCG #2, aka, the Austrian Special, is almost done!

Crazy Carl

Built this for a very dear friend of mine in Austria. Semi-hollow, korina (black limba) body/neck, maple top & cocobolo fret board (no inlay, abalone side markers, 24.625" scale). Wolfetone P90s (Mean/Meaner set), Pigtail bridge with Tone-Pros studs & Gotoh mini-lockers.

For those who've experienced the neck on my Red Special, this one's much more "normal"- 1 3/4" nut width & a carve just a tad thicker than TCM's 'standard' carve.

Mmmm, korina.....

Should have 'er done/playable by Monday. Should've had 'er done long ago, but with coming back to the States, deploying to Africa, etc., I'm just now able to get finish 'er up.

Also, MUCHO kudos to my buddy Glyn for that stunning burst!

Can't wait to fire 'er up & blaze thru my Titan :RoCkIn

gitman

wow, very nice ! how many have you built so far ? you picked out some mighty fine pieces of wood for this one...

Crazy Carl

Thanks, guys. Gitman, that's my 2nd. Also got 2 Flying Vs in progress (need bodies routed & neck set), 1 black limba & 1 mahogany, both getting done up, ala Flying V Custom.

Waiting in the wings (for me to retire from the Army, move, set up a shop) are a white limba Explorer Custom & a Mockingbird with black limba body, f-m top & Bolivian RW neck.

BluePowder

Looking good man, looking good!

I'm very impressed to say the least, can't wait to see the completed guitar; and those flying V's in the pipeline too!

Thanks for sharing.

H

hemlock

Looks great! The burst is tasty and that top is very interesting. I'm not usually a big fan of highly figured tops but that one's like a neat abstract painting.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
That looks great. :drool

Very nice workmanship!:AOK

Keep it up!!!!

Auge

back from skiing in the alps (gastein) i find this thread!!
carl, thaaaats good news. cannot await......
good to have you back home safely. and not because of the guitar ;-)

Crazy Carl

Glad yer diggin 'er, Auge. Can't wait to let 'er rip thru my Reinhardt & let those P90s wail! :RoCkIn

Been crazy busy (especially with selling our house & looking for a new one), but should be able to have 'er done late this week or early next.

Trending Topics