CD Recording Help!

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by UMT, Apr 10, 2008.

1. UMT

UMT Member

Ok guys,

Can someone point me in the right direction with a link or tell me how I can educate myself about CD recording playability. I'm using a MP3 player right now to playback backing tracks I've made with my digital recorder but I want to also be able to put them on CD as a backup and also to hand to additional musicians that may be invited to play so they can get the arraignments. Some CD's will play on certain machines and some won't. I don't want to hand someone a CD and have them tell me their machine won't play it. CD-R? CD-RW? What do I need to know here? Suggestions? I've googled this and don't get much.

Thanks!
    UMT

2. Timmylikesthing

Timmylikesthing Member

Use iTunes.

Upload your files into iTunes.

Create a playlist of the songs you want.

Place CDR in the drive.

Click Burn Disc.

Works everytime for me.

Good Luck,
    Tim

3. alltone

alltone Member

CD-R will work in most applications CD-RW is re-writable (can be erased and re-used).

4. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Member

I've been successful in transferring from tape to my PT LE. Now I want to burn the tracks to CDs for backup, and free up the storage on my hard drive. I also want to use the CDs to load my tracks into my other computers.

which media choice do you recommend of these two? Pros and cons? Brands to look for/avoid? Store brands/generic ok?

5. turdadactyl

turdadactyl Member

Am I the only one that finds it very odd (and a bit annoying) that you MUST create a playlist to burn a CD in iTunes? You'd figure they would allow you to just select 11 tracks or whatever and hit "burn cd."

...but I digress.