• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

CE-2 clones?

x-ray specs

Anyone know of any really good sounding Boss CE-2 clones that are true bypass and have a mix control? Not to mention the Boss pedals are getting old now and things can and do break on older pedals. So new is better for me. Thanks for any good suggestions.

jdel77

The Analogman is a Small Clone.
The original Boss CE2's use relay switching like all Boss pedals. Rarely does anything go wrong with them.
The Depth knob is the mix control.

tnt365

I'm interested as well. Doesn't seem like there are many choruses like the CE-2 out there. If a CE-2 pops up at a good price I would go with that, but an updated current production would be preferrable.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Just buy a CE-2. There are plenty of them out there. Even the Taiwan version sound good. I own 4 CE-2 pedals. Thats how much i love them. Also check out the CE-2B. Its a bass chorus and with a simple mod can be transformed into a CE-2 with a mix knob. I actually bought one with the mod and they are fairly cheap. Awesome pedal and its a classic!

thewordking

The BYOC is pretty close. Maybe 95%? The best I've found is actually the Corona with the Dimension C toneprint (the CE-2 Redo didn't quite do it for me). I A/Bed it with my MIJ black label CE-2 and they were indistinguishable to me, plus you get the mix knob which is a huge plus in my book. The Analogman is a FANTASTIC chorus but it's a more watery type of chorus than the CE-2. Great pedal though.

Ryan84

Boss pedals breaking is something I've yet to see in my life. Never owned one that broke and I have a lot of older MIJ pedals including the CE-2 and PH-1R. If you're more concerned about the true bypass aspect, I'm guessing every other pedal you own is true bypass then? Otherwise what is the point.

x-ray specs

Boss pedals breaking is something I've yet to see in my life. Never owned one that broke and I have a lot of older MIJ pedals including the CE-2 and PH-1R. If you're more concerned about the true bypass aspect, I'm guessing every other pedal you own is true bypass then? Otherwise what is the point.
I also said I was looking for a mix knob. But I'm only looking for chorus pedals suggestions that are also true bypass at this time thanks. Let's not turn this into a true bypass is better or worse than buffered pedals argument please.

Thanks to those who actually made good suggestions of other chorus pedals, instead of just telling me to get a Boss pedal and disregarding what I was asking for in my first post.

Goldwing

Jacques Meistersinger get's very close..it's true bypass in its new design and has a mix control. This topic has been deal with many times...

jay42

Boss pedals breaking is something I've yet to see in my life. Never owned one that broke and I have a lot of older MIJ pedals including the CE-2...
I installed a Jack DeVille true-bypass relay assembly in mine. It took some effort, access to non-conductive tape and frankly, a lot of staring at the schematic, but it works fine. The CE-2 in question did have a flakey momentary switch and instead of trying to clean it, I bought a replacement from smallbear...simple.

While I was in it, I did replace a number of electrolytic caps with higher voltage versions and lower profiles. I removed and jumpered a couple parts in the power supply. I forget why...I think it was supposed to see 12V and drop it in the box...stupid design, but simple to fix.

Trending Topics