CE Distribution

TheAmpNerd

You've seen the pics...nothing worse for a little guy to get stung
first by product that had to be removed from amps, but also to
suck up about $170 in defective product of what CE Dist refuses
to stand behind.

You think beta testing is bad, try having to pay for "production"
parts that have yet to pass Alpha testing!

NOTE: Dear CE distribution, I shall be pleased to receive an email
offer of replacement or credit from you to replace the defective parts bearing your name.

NOTE2: The cap on the right did not leak because it is open.

Trout

I think more details should be posted.

I know I for 1 have had a few items that I needed to RMA over the last year, but I had no problems getting it sorted out. Any distributor can run into some bad parts from their suppliers and "Generally" speaking, as long as you send in your RMA in the allotted time CE takes care of it.

Trout

Blue Strat

I think more details should be posted.

I know I for 1 have had a few items that I needed to RMA over the last year, but I had no problems getting it sorted out. Any distributor can run into some bad parts from their suppliers and "Generally" speaking, as long as you send in your RMA in the allotted time CE takes care of it.

Trout
Same experience for me with CE (watch out for their tube matching and NOS tube identification).

Trout

Same experience for me with CE (watch out for their tube matching and NOS tube identification).

Most of my issues have revolved around the ________ working in the shipping department.

I ordered a bunch of Hammond transformers a few other misc items, I got the package opened it up to find the tubes and transformers randomly thrown into the box. They were well padded from the outside of the box, but not from each other.

Well needless to say several tubes broke and others had pretty good box damage. Thing is, I mentioned this problem to them before and even requested having them seperately packed. Some requests never seem to trickle down to the ________ putting the items in the boxes.

I still feel overall based on my average monthly order sizes they do a good job on getting things here fast.

I was told at one of the guitar shows I went to that they do not actually match their tubes but rather buy them factory matched. Then when guys order odd sets they break up factory matches to fill orders. I have no idea if this is the actual case, That is just what an employee had told me.

Trout

Blue Strat

Some of their "matched sets" may be from the factory they buy them from, others are definitely "matched" in house. I've been buying from CE and Antique Electronics for many years and know the drill.

rooster

I had a shipping issue just last week, 3 out of 10 filter caps were munched, presumably from the tranny I ordered crushing them in shipping. They replaced them immediately, I got them the next day, didn't even require the munched ones back.

I've been buying from them for about 10 years, since they were a HAM shop in the old days. I've always been treated great by them, and they've even started distributing some parts I suggested to them.

rooster.

hasserl

I believe the OP on this thread is in regards to a bunch of CE labeled capacitors that have had a miserable failure rate. TAN was stuck with a bunch of them when CE refused to reimburse him for the faulty caps. He posted pictures some time ago in a different thread, maybe it would help if he posted them again.

Swarty

I've gotten busted stuff from them too, like bags of pots where some have the terminals broken off. I think its mainly that they pack stuff badly and use paper instead of bubble wrap. I've never complained since they have a great catalogue, ship orders fast, and the past few years they've been sending a box of candy at xmas.
... and the cool cartoon Jensen t shirts!

Wakarusa

I've done a lot of business with CE for the last four years and had nary a problem. I don't buy their transformers, so seem to avoid some of the shipping headaches noted here. For certain items the pricing (and occasionally the selection) beats Mouser, Digi-Tech, et. al. hands down. Met with the reps at a couple of NAMM shows -- altogether a positive experience. They're not perfect, but they seem to outperform many other vendors. What really surprises me are all of the ding threads regarding AES. Seems the retail side may not have their act together.

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
I've only had one problem with them, shipped me Vox string piping instead of Marshall thin piping, that they took care of quickly. Other than that, I've been with them for five years without one issue.

mr coffee

can make and break a company. Look at the ampware and mojo (in the old days- Andy has turned things around). I dont think I've ever had anything come from CE/Mojo/Nude sensor that was ever damaged.. Carefull timing of ordering BEFORE the bong breaks helps in some cases (not all palaces but they know who they are)

I've heard horror stories about angela inst. I've had nothing but top knotch service from them EVER. They used to have the best pricing~stock of Hammond iron around...

plexi67

Nothing but good service from them,and i have been ordering alot of parts from them over the years. They always replaced or swapped out anything that was bad. I don't think it matters who you buy a name brand part from or who made it etc.. your going to come across a bad one every now and then.

mr coffee

I've never ordered from Steve because I've never been able to get past his rudeness...
no soup for you...

my thing was never have to talk to him.. no the page item number (cut and paste now from web site) CCard info and I have it in less than a week

TheAmpNerd

I posted a pic in the original post.

Here is a pic of other capacitors purchased at the same time,
all test good and there is no electrolyte leakage.

Trending Topics