Cedar Creek Cases - BEWARE

Discussion in 'The Gear Reviews' started by Randolph, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

I loathe unprofessional hacks like this company that blame Thier mistakes on others. Never getting a dime of my money.

2. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

Thank you for the video . That must have been so annoying !

3. Randolph

Randolph Supporting Member

yea brutal. Bad bad bad customer service. Again, they would have had a better leg to stand on if they had cut the second groove for the neck. Then, the guitar would at least sit in the case, and they could blame my measurements all day long, right or wrong. But they screwed up. I hope this thread has saved someone a nice chunk of change and some serious frustration.

4. 5150

5150 Member

Cedar Creek Crooks would be a more FITTING company name. $500 for that plus no recourse or attempt to make you happy? Criminal, plain and simple.

5. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

Custom cases on custom guitars (not a strat, les Paul etc) are for sure risky. I've seen quite a few come out badly. I believe you sent a tracing of the guitar, at least the body. If so, there is no excuse for this poor of a fit.

6. BUTCH A

BUTCH A Member

I recently purchased a vintage Martin D-28. It came with an faux alligator skin Cedar Creek case. I have to admit that I was somewhat taken back by the quality, or rather, the lack there of. The D-28 is a standard size dreadnaught guitar and the case definitely does not ft the guitar properly. There is a good 1 inch gap between the padding and the sides of the upper bout of the guitar, the lid does not close properly, and the latches are not the greatest quality.