Celestion Blue or Gold for Morgan AC20

95strat

I have a Celestion Gold, and this maybe splitting hairs, but will a Blue be a better match with my Morgan AC20 Dlx? I'm probably not missing anything, but I thought I would ask more experienced folks.

I have a GH12 I use at bedroom levels in a cab, but my Gold lives in a Dr Z cab for playing live. I know the Gold is voiced like the Blue, but can handle higher wattages. I just want to know if have a lower wattage speaker really matters.

sublimeaudio

Silver Supporting Member
I actually prefer the gold to the blue. They seem to have a little more upper end, which I dig.

Meriphew

I've got a Blue in mine - sounds great. Do you want more clean headroom, or do you want it to breakup sooner?

handtrix

Less the fear factor, I feel the Blue would be the better match up with that Morgan AC20 Dlx.
The Gold will also decrease in Volume where the speaker will be working the load as opposed to the Blue working the amp. As well as the type of music you play...

ES330

Each one is great !!!!

But after listening to youtube demos of the ac20 with blue & gold...
I'd stick with the gold for the ac20.

95strat

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll just stick with the Gold then and not mess with trying to arrange a trade. Probably more hassle than it's worth. And I do like more upper end.