• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Celestion Blue Question

bulbasaur_85

Hey guys, I just picked up a used Blue for a great deal. It looks like I have a "good" English made one with the correct code (H1777). Also, is it possible to tell if the speaker has been reconed? There seemed to be more adhesive/glue on the cone than other speaker cones I've seen. Let me know your thoughts.

celestion101

Gold Supporting Member
If it says Celestion Blue on the label, it's English. If it says Vox Blue and is new than it was assembled in China. If it's an older modeled labeled Vox Blue, than it's English. FWIW, the only "Blue" ever sold as a single pack after market speaker has been a "Celestion Blue", and they have always been built in the UK. We have not sold a "Vox" lableded Blue as a single pack speaker (nor could we, it's Vox's speaker). The Vox speaker is a OEM product only. I hope that clarifies things for the "where was my Blue built" bandwagon crowd.

bynt

If it says Celestion Blue on the label, it's English. If it says Vox Blue and is new than it was assembled in China. If it's an older modeled labeled Vox Blue, than it's English. FWIW, the only "Blue" ever sold as a single pack after market speaker has been a "Celestion Blue", and they have always been built in the UK. We have not sold a "Vox" lableded Blue as a single pack speaker (nor could we, it's Vox's speaker). The Vox speaker is a OEM product only. I hope that clarifies things for the "where was my Blue built" bandwagon crowd.
That could be a sticky. Thanks for the info!!!

Trending Topics