Celestion Blue Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bulbasaur_85, Feb 19, 2009.

1. bulbasaur_85

bulbasaur_85 Member

Hey guys, I just picked up a used Blue for a great deal. It looks like I have a "good" English made one with the correct code (H1777). Also, is it possible to tell if the speaker has been reconed? There seemed to be more adhesive/glue on the cone than other speaker cones I've seen. Let me know your thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jb1911

jb1911 Member

How does it sound?

3. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

That's secondary to whether it is English and/or whether it is original. :BEER

4. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

If it says Celestion Blue on the label, it's English. If it says Vox Blue and is new than it was assembled in China. If it's an older modeled labeled Vox Blue, than it's English. FWIW, the only "Blue" ever sold as a single pack after market speaker has been a "Celestion Blue", and they have always been built in the UK. We have not sold a "Vox" lableded Blue as a single pack speaker (nor could we, it's Vox's speaker). The Vox speaker is a OEM product only. I hope that clarifies things for the "where was my Blue built" bandwagon crowd.

5. bulbasaur_85

bulbasaur_85 Member

Thanks for the info! Anyone have any input regarding the cone? But it does sound great...

6. bynt

bynt Member

That could be a sticky. Thanks for the info!!!