Celestion Cream 90 Alnico and a Quilter Aviator upgrade?

Nonvintage

I have an open 12 Aviator and am pondering putting in a Cream 90 to replace the Celestion Lead 80 ceramic speaker that is stock with the Aviator. Anyways, how are you liking the Cream 90? Edit: The Cream 90 will NOT fit into an Aviator 12 cabinet.

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

I'm loving the Cream in my Morgan AC40. I feel it retains the magic of the Blue in a higher power handling package. I swapped out a WGS Blackhawk HP, which to me; was a little stiff.

Nonvintage

I have a Blue in my Princeton Reverb amp. That's why I'm interested in the Cream 90 for my Quilter. I can get the same tones from either amp but the PR is magic with the Blue.

Kyle Ashley

Silver Supporting Member
The cream 90 does sound interesting for the Aviator - I played an Aviator yesterday into a new Celestion A-type. It was good but you have to be careful since it's only a 50 watt speaker.

MasterEvan07

Where's that buzzing coming from...?
Gold Supporting Member
I just popped a G12H-75 and Alnico Cream combo into a Vox AC30 and was very impressed with the smoothing of the highs and the warmth of the compression. Incredible rock tones from that combo. The chinese Blues in it previously were quite stiff and even after some break-in were still just not doing it...the Cream/Creamback combo is something else though. I'm actually going to go do A/Bs at a studio tomorrow with it.