Celestion Cream Alnico............Any Post-Honeymoon impressions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MHG, Jan 13, 2016.

1. crazyneddie

crazyneddie Member

If the team would find it useful I’ll do a couple of brief clips for comparison sake. I can play my Vibrolux through the Powerstation into the Cream, then through the stock C10n’s.
    Then I can play the Brown Deluxe through the Cream, and the C10n’s.
    I also have a cab with an Allessandro 12” ceramic and could throw that one in as well. I have mics and stuff but waaaaay too lazy. If a decent iphone recording will suffice I’ll get busy this weekend.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Figaro likes this.
  2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I have a THD 2x12 incoming. It has one THD and one Celestion Classic 80. I think I'm going to pull the THD speaker out and throw in a Alnico Cream I have. Should sound great with the Classic 80.

crazyneddie and RAG7890 like this.
  3. jomo

jomo Member

i put a celestion cream into a 68 deluxe reverb custom and it was shining like no others out of the box and the more i play , the more it shine....3d sounding and a notch bright with stratocasters but not harsh.specially when broken in ...complex...warm and balanced but had to turn the bass knob with les pauls..and 330's ... best tube amp distortion ive heard...it aint no v-type celestion....my top speaker in 35 years of playing

RAG7890, MHG and Echoplexi like this.
  4. Echoplexi

Echoplexi Silver Supporting Member

Still my favorite speaker

jomo and RAG7890 like this.
  5. RAG7890

RAG7890 Member

I put one in to a friend's Fender DR & he was pretty happy with it. Sounded great straight out of the Celestion Box.

:beer

jomo likes this.
  6. Major Dude

Major Dude Member

I use an alnico Cream 112 cab with a tube-rectified '61 Blonde Bassman. Superb pairing

RAG7890 likes this.