Celestion Creamback G12M-65 vs G12H-75

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LedZepJP, Sep 11, 2013.

1. skiman1

skiman1 Member

Sorry, NOT an old thread, I thought the last post post date was 1/3, working too hard, ANYWAYS :)

Yup, I get that for sure, just making an observation and its hard to make accurate depictions when they are not mic'd the same. If I had to guess, the H is on the right, M on the left, facing the cabinet of course.

2. papersoul

papersoul Member

I think both in a cab should rip!

3. skiman1

skiman1 Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  4. skiman1

skiman1 Member

I think so too, very well rounded :aok

5. papersoul

papersoul Member

Does anyone run both the M and H together? Does the H dominate the sound since it is louder? Does it have scooped mids? I know the Creamback has thick mids.

6. merriweather69

merriweather69 Member

Great post here... Which pair would sound sound best in a Vox AC30C2, regular Greenbacks, Creamback 65 M's or Creamback 75H's??? Looking for nice Vox clean chime and crunchy overdrive. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

7. sstweed

sstweed Supporting Member

I think judging from the Pete Thorn demo on scumbacks, that the m75 PVC 65 watt would sound great in the DSL 40c.

8. papersoul

papersoul Member

Hey guys,

How does the H-75 sound on its own? I am considering replacing the G12K-100s in my Stone Age with two H-75s! Thoughts? Alternatively I could go M65/H75.

9. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Personally I would consider swapping out one for an H-75. I'm betting it would be an excellent blend. Bob

10. papersoul

papersoul Member

Really? So a K100/H75?

11. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Yeah often Ive paired one of my K100's with a less aggressive speaker with very nice results. In fact right now Im using a G12-65 /K100 combination in my 2x12.
    I liked my well broken in G12H-30 with it too but it limited the power handling and at the time I was running 100 watters. Bob

12. DaveK

DaveK Member

Wow, never expected the little vid we did would get more than 10,000+ views !! I think we'll do another video but add the Lynchback and V Type into the mix, along with doing things a little differently next time around.

1) Consistent mic position on the speakers.
    2) Add a room mic to capture more of what the player hears.
    3) Comparison of speakers with the same amp setting,and also dialed in to each speaker model based on what we think suits the speaker.

Tell me what else would be helpful and we'll do our best. Thanks guys !!

13. sstweed

I think #3 is the most important thing. Can't count how many amp demos, for example, say "here's both amps with their tones set to 5 - so their the same". No they're not! That number doesn't mean a thing. Either use your ear to try to get as close a tone as possible, or dial in a tone that compliments each rig. That's a better comparison.

14. Siggy14

Siggy14 Member

Does anyone know how these two speakers compare to the EVH Speaker? I have a EVH 1x12 and a 4x12, love the way the 4x12 sounds and can get a decent sound out of the 1x12, but a bit rasphy with the 30 watter. I want to replace this speaker with one of the creambacks.

15. EastCoastRocker

EastCoastRocker Supporting Member

That guy makes some nice demos. I liked that he compared the G12h30 to the M65, but what I really want to hear is how the G12H30 anniversary compares directly to the G12H75 creamback. Has anyone done a side by side of those two?

Thanks to all of you guys that do do these great demos.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  16. EastCoastRocker

EastCoastRocker Supporting Member

This is a great topic, and a slippery slope as well. We all want to hear the differences, but but you don't want to give any one speaker an advantage or disadvantage.

There's an amp company that has done some very nice comparisons with a 1x12 and a fixed mic. The problem is, it sounds -to my ears- like they dialed in the best tone for let's say the V30, and some of those other speakers just don't get presented well with those settings.

On the other hand, our friend James Lugo showed us that he can pretty much
    Find the sweet spot and get a similar "air play worthy" tone out of pretty much anything!

So the trick would be maybe a neutral setting that doesn't flatter or detract
    From any of the test subjects, and maybe a second clip where each of the speakers are dialed into it's sweet spot.

17. riff1006

riff1006 Supporting Member

I have the M Creambacks and they're great. I've heard really good things about the H's.

18. sstweed

I just bought a scumback h75 off of the emporium. Now I have a scumback m75 and h75 and a vintage 30. I haven't bought a dsl40c yet buy when I do I can try some different speaks (all 8 ohm). For now I'll try them in 5e3 along with a weber signature s12. Wish I had kept my Celestion blue. I've never been able to do a speaker shoot out before, but I'm well on my way I think.

19. papersoul

papersoul Member

Bro, how do you like the 65/100 pair? Have you thought about Lynchbacks or Creambacks? I am thinking of pulling my K-100s and going with the G12H-75 or mxing a Classic Lead 80 with the K-100. Some claim a V30/K100 is great too.

Also.......wWhat do you guys think works best for rock in a 212? Two H75s, two M65s or two Lynchback 50s? :)

Thanks!

20. papersoul

papersoul Member

I am going to try the Creamback M65/H75 mix in my Stone Age 212C! :)

I may also do a V30/H75 instead of the V30/K100.