Celestion Creamback G12M vs. A Type

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by venivici, Jan 15, 2015.

1. venivici

venivici Member

I am curious if anybody has compared the Celestion Creamback G12m to the A Type. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. venivici

venivici Member

3. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

4. lemonman

lemonman Supporting Member

I have both. A-Type has a rolled off upper top end, deeper firmer bottom vs. the G12M-65. I bought one based on Sillenium's excellent shootout, but with my amps I haven't been real impressed with it; that lack of upper end air and detail don't suit me. It kind of reminds me of the Cannabis Rex, which I find dark and dead sounding, but it's tighter and with more detail. Between those two I'd definitely take the Celestion.

I prefer the V-Type and Creamback by quite a bit, but if you think they're too bright, then you might love the A-Type.

5. kingdavidy2k

kingdavidy2k Member

I was thinking of replacing the V-Type with the A-Type for brighter tone on my Princeton Reverb. But your saying the V-Type is brighter? It's sounds darker than the A-Type in Silleium's Video?
    What amp are you using it with?

6. lemonman

lemonman Supporting Member

In my rooms & cabs the V is brighter than the A; V has more greenback-like upper mids and "zing" to it. I mainly bought it for a Blues Jr (which goes great with the V-Type btw), but also tried it with a 69 Bassman head for giggles. Had it in both a HRD-sized pine cab, and a Lamar cabs 1x12 with similar results.