Celestion F12-X200 Guitar Speaker for Amp Modellers and IRs.

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by johnhager25, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

FWIW, @JoeInOttawa what I like most on the deuce Deluxe are the controls and features available for onboard tone shaping. A speaker swap might negate a lot of that. Interested to see what happens with your experiment nonetheless.

2. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Member

The Deuce is pretty close to the volume and port tuning recommended by Celestion for the F12, so it should be about as good as that speaker is going to sound. I am not ruling out leaving the tweeter in the Deuce active, but it has a switch, so I'll be able to deactivate it if necessary.

What makes this all work is that the gent I've been emailing with at Tech 21 tells me that, while the tweeter is high-passed, the 12" is fed full range -- which is what the F12 wants.

mbenigni likes this.
  3. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Member

I don't expect it will, as all of the tone shaping happens at the amplifier. I can tell you that the tone shaping is just as effective when I add my PJB 4B cab to the extension jack.

JiveTurkey likes this.
  4. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

5. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

Still waiting for Sweetwater to get the F12-X200 in. Noticed their web site says they are out of stock and expect more any day. Did they actually start getting them in stock?

Edit: I see that others here are getting ship notices from Sweetwater. Finally.....

6. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Member

It's like the've been shipped by Noah -- two by two!

MKB and benvigil like this.
  7. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

Well, after months and months and months of waiting, finally Sweetwater has them in stock, and I just ordered one. Should be here in a few days. Hope it's worth the wait! :)

8. darkphader

darkphader Member

Just ordered a 2nd one as I prefer using a 2x12 cab. Hopefully will please as well as the 1x12 setup I've been using one with.

9. Crow

Crow Member

@JoeInOttawa did you get yours yet? Curious to see how this worked out for you.