Celestion G12 Century report.

celestion101

Originally posted by Red Planet
Hey f2b what Celestion Ceramic speaker would you say the CV's most sound like?

It's basically loaded with Vintage 30 parts (coupled with the neo magnet). It has the V30 vibe with its own attitude. Tones of low end as well.

:dude

Red Planet

Thanx.

I got em in this morning and played it for about two minutes. Sounded great to me. I will report back tomorrow on what these puppys really do.

celestion101

Also as a Major foot note.

These things make a 2x12 amp much lighter and that is amasing. :dude

Awesome! I had a meeting at Matchless yesterday and had Phil play my Chieftain 2x12 combo (loaded with CV's). He seemed to dig them as well.

Red Planet

Finally got a chance to play for a while today. These little dudes sound awsome. Very Much Vintage 30 ish. Very nice rounded off Highs. Not as bright as the Century. Tons of Bottom End chug. Classic Vintage 30 Mids.

I wonder if these things had a custom color paint job on em if they would get better reviews. Then theyed be considered Booteek. :D

I've learned not to listen to everyone about whats hip and whats not. I tried a bunch of speakers a while back and found out some were a little over hyped.

Both Versions of these Centurys gave up the goods with no suprises. The Century is Transparent. What you put in is what you get out. The Century Vintage is just as its name implys. A Vintage more Brown Marshall Rock and Roll Sound.

The weight is a Major Factor with these dudes. It makes a Back Breaking Experience a pleasent suprise.

To me I've been Booteek Conditioned to think that these speakers while being modern day designs dont really go with a Tweed or Marshall clone but that is dead wrong. These things rawk. No unruly suprises with these bad boys. I cant tell you how many times I've bought a Booteek Speaker only to hook it up and do the Scooby Doo huuuuuuu? With unrully suprises that didnt cut the Mustard.

Celestion has done a good job with these dudes. I'd like to see more of em. Maybe one that sounds like a G12H30 and one that sounds like a Blue.

Oredered another G-12 Century gonna stick it in my Lonestar Classic and see what that does. Maybe a little under powered but I just wont crank it. I never use the master over half except the one time recently when I cranked it and blew a Grid Resistor.

So far I'm loving these speakers. I will give it some time and post back.

Fixxin to go play some more right now!:dude

celestion101

Finally got a chance to play for a while today. These little dudes sound awsome. Very Much Vintage 30 ish. Very nice rounded off Highs. Not as bright as the Century. Tons of Bottom End chug. Classic Vintage 30 Mids.

I wonder if these things had a custom color paint job on em if they would get better reviews. Then theyed be considered Booteek. :D

I've learned not to listen to everyone about whats hip and whats not. I tried a bunch of speakers a while back and found out some were a little over hyped.

Both Versions of these Centurys gave up the goods with no suprises. The Century is Transparent. What you put in is what you get out. The Century Vintage is just as its name implys. A Vintage more Brown Marshall Rock and Roll Sound.

The weight is a Major Factor with these dudes. It makes a Back Breaking Experience a pleasent suprise.

To me I've been Booteek Conditioned to think that these speakers while being modern day designs dont really go with a Tweed or Marshall clone but that is dead wrong. These things rawk. No unruly suprises with these bad boys. I cant tell you how many times I've bought a Booteek Speaker only to hook it up and do the Scooby Doo huuuuuuu? With unrully suprises that didnt cut the Mustard.

Celestion has done a good job with these dudes. I'd like to see more of em. Maybe one that sounds like a G12H30 and one that sounds like a Blue.

Oredered another G-12 Century gonna stick it in my Lonestar Classic and see what that does. Maybe a little under powered but I just wont crank it. I never use the master over half except the one time recently when I cranked it and blew a Grid Resistor.

So far I'm loving these speakers. I will give it some time and post back.

Fixxin to go play some more right now!:dude

Now that's what I'm talking about!:dude

"RC Cola and a Moon Pie".........my band has done a number of shows with Tracy Byrd!:cool:

Red Planet

Tried the Celestion G12 Century in my Lonestar Classic.

Did not like it in it at all. The low end was flabby for whatever reason. The stock Celestion 90 watter sounds much better in that amp. Dont know why. So far I've been really happy with these Century and Century Vintage Speakers but it dosnt like the Lonestar.

The Lonestar is powerfull with lots of lowend thump. Maybe to powerful for the Century.

I'll find a good use for it though. I may try it in my 2x12 that I have the Century Vintages in. One Century Vintage and one Century.

I noticed the magnet assemblys between the two look different. Must be because one is 60 watts and one is 80 watts.

Red Planet

RC Cola and a Moon Pie. Gotta love em.

And if you want an extra speacial treat take a pack of Salted Peanuts and poor em in a Mountain Dew. Drink that while eating a Slim Jim (the regular kind).

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I have two Century speakers in my Randall 212 MTS cabinet running with my Egnater Mod 50 head. I also hear them as bright and clear - yet not harsh. I am wondering how a mix of the Vintage Century and Century would sound? Would there be phase issues?

I tend to prefer my tones on the thick and somewhat dark side so for now with the Centuries I keep my treble at noon or below.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom