Celestion G12S-50 speakers??

drpool

There are a pair of these on my local Craig's for $30/each. I can't find any decent info from Celestion or other sources about these speakers. The seller says they were made in '94 so they surely must be broken in.

I'm wondering if they might be a good replacement for the stock speakers in my C30?

Anyone know what the dealio is with these? Thanks

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
I have one and think is worth $30 easy unless you are really picky about your tone. It's certainly not a bad speaker ..... you can't get much for $30 new.

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
A friend had one in a silverface Deluxe Reverb which sounded very, very good.

drpool

Seller replied and said they came from an old ADA 2x12. If I could find a cheap empty cab it might make a good addition to the PV.

vr6pilot

Have to add here. These are surprisingly good speakers for certain applications. Very even frequency response from low to high but bumped in the high/mids like a V30. Gnarly midrange grit when used with lotsa gain. Very well built, of course, and made in Ipswich as they are ALL pre-China manufacturing. They have a lower-than-most sensitivity rating (97) so they make a better driver for bedroom players ( a place more speakers will go to work than anywhere else). The one thing I think they lack is bottom end but they'll keep you out of the bass player's range.

Last edited:

Trending Topics