Celestion Gold in a Fuchs ODS30 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Reckless, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Reckless

Reckless Member

Anyone tried a Celestion Gold in a Fuchs ODS 30 ? I'm reading great things about these speakers, but I'm unsure about how they would get on with the Fuchs. I'm currently running an open-back 2x12 with Eminence RW&B's. Would the Gold be a better option or should I stick with what I have ?

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I run a Celestion Gold in a Groove Tubes Soul-O 45 1-12 combo and love it! The speaker really added a nice depth to the amp and warmed it up a bit compared to the stock 85 watt speaker.

TheGrooveking

3. jspax7

jspax7 Member

The RWB is agreat match for the Fuchs imo. I think Andy voices the amps for them, and for EV's.

Unless you need more highs, I would not recommend a brighter speaker.

4. PFunk

PFunk Member

Just this week I have spoken with a Fuchs' dealer regarding that particular speaker- more specifically in an ODS50, but with the 30 as well, and he gave it his seal of approval- all subject to your ear, of course.

5. Reckless

Reckless Member

Thanks for the input guys - it's much appreciated.

6. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

I went for a little bit darker sound on mine a couple of years ago, and put Tone Tubby hempcone Alnicos in it. It's a great match if you like a warmer, more Santana kind of sound.

7. Boomer

Boomer Member

I'm curently running a Gold in a Jenkins Highway 61 with my ODS-50. I also have been driving a Burt 212 with G12H-30's. I am waiting for a THD 212 that I hope will end up with Heritage 1265's.

One caveat ... I'm the bass player so what do I know.