Celestion Heritage vs Scumbag (Southbay) Speakers ?!

MARCO

Member
Messages
70
Ok, I have a Mojave Ampworks 4x12 and I want to upgrade the speakers. It came with Celestion Reissue G12H30's (China). Anyway, I want this cab to sound its best so I wanted to know if the Heritage speakers are better than the Scumbags or is it splitting hairs ?? I have heard nothing but good things about BOTH so I figured I'd ask you guys to give me an honest opinion. Either of these will be an improvement over the Chinese Celestions right ??
 

Roe

Member
Messages
7,890
If you want g12m 20 watters: heritage or alien/mcgourty
If you want g12m 25 watters: Southbay/scumback or alien/mcgourty
If you want g12h 75hz (30w): Southbay/scumback
If you want g12h 55hz (30w): Southbay/scumback, Weber, or heritage
 

MARCO

Member
Messages
70
I actually have 2-Weber C1230-55's in the bottom of my Mojave 4x12 so I guess I just need two excellent top speakers to compliment the Weber's....the Scumbag G12H30-75hz sounds like the way to go...?!
 

dehughes

Member
Messages
1,129
I too am curious, though I'm stuck between the Scumback/Southbay M-75hz and the Celestion Heritage M. I'd love to hear anyone's/everyone's opinions of the two...


david
 

908SSP

Member
Messages
5,801
Go listen to the clips yourself. Everybody has an opinion. The majority is not always right. Since there is no right or wrong just what sounds good to you go have a listen.
 

MARCO

Member
Messages
70
Well, I just ordered a set of Scumbag G12H-75hz speakers to go along with my Weber C1230-55's. I was told to put them in an x-pattern so they will blend a little better. I can't wait to get them !!
:Spank
 

JWR

Member
Messages
444
Hi Marco, as you know, I recently replaced 4 Celestion G12H30 Anniversary with 4 Scumback SA12H75. I found the Scumbacks to be superior in several ways. First, they have a better blend from lows to highs than the Celestion. Second, they tend to make whatever amp I use sound just a bit better. Third, they have a more pleasing low end to my ears. My personal opinion make the Scumback SA12H75 my favorite speaker. I recently loaded another 4x12 with the SA12M75 as well. I like the H sound best.
 

Roe

Member
Messages
7,890
MARCO said:
I actually have 2-Weber C1230-55's in the bottom of my Mojave 4x12 so I guess I just need two excellent top speakers to compliment the Weber's....the Scumbag G12H30-75hz sounds like the way to go...?!
yes, or for something quite different: two blue dogs (ceramic or alnico 30w)
Personally i don't like mixing g12h and g12m speakers
 

Roe

Member
Messages
7,890
MARCO said:
Well, I just ordered a set of Scumbag G12H-75hz speakers to go along with my Weber C1230-55's. I was told to put them in an x-pattern so they will blend a little better. I can't wait to get them !!
:Spank
this will be a great combo!
 

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
10,849
MARCO said:
Well, I just ordered a set of Scumback H75-8 speakers to go along with my Weber C1230-55's. I was told to put them in an x-pattern so they will blend a little better. I can't wait to get them !!
:Spank
Talk about timing...he waits 2 months to order, and gets his payment in when I have two extra H75's without a home...now that's timing...I got them yesterday... sheesh... where do you guys have the camera anyways? How do you know? That always freaks me out...

Big Mike, is it you with the camera? And by the way, Mr. Moderator, it's Southbay, NOT Southbeach... I don't go on a diet for another 6 days...so knock it off! :Spank

;) :D
 

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
12,964
Southbay Ampworks said:
\
Big Mike, is it you with the camera? And by the way, Mr. Moderator, it's Southbay, NOT Southbeach... I don't go on a diet for another 6 days...so knock it off! :Spank

;) :D
yeah yeah yeah....I'll remember when the T Shirts are ready....
:Devil :Devil
 
T

tonywantstoplay

well i got my scumbag speakers on the way and i cant wait.
Nice guy to talk to. Now if someone can show me how to make a G chord.
t
 

mmorse

Member
Messages
961
JWR said:
Hi Marco, as you know, I recently replaced 4 Celestion G12H30 Anniversary with 4 Scumback SA12H75. I found the Scumbacks to be superior in several ways. First, they have a better blend from lows to highs than the Celestion. Second, they tend to make whatever amp I use sound just a bit better. Third, they have a more pleasing low end to my ears. My personal opinion make the Scumback SA12H75 my favorite speaker. I recently loaded another 4x12 with the SA12M75 as well. I like the H sound best.
I'm with JWR here. I have M75s and H75s. Both are excellent but my favorite is the H75.
 

Gearhead

Member
Messages
313
I know this is an odd one, but do you think 2 Emi Govs and 2 Southbayou G12H75's (30 or 60 watters?) would work in a 4x12?
 

MARCO

Member
Messages
70
Well shizzle my nizzle, if I can get rid of my 2-Weber C1230-55hz's, I will buy the Scum H-55's as well....if anyone is interested in my 2 Weber's let me know !
Thanks
BTW Jim(Scumbag Speakers), I didnt want to say anything about getting the speakers so quickly in case I would piss off others who were waiting for them. I was just looking out for ya'.

:)
 

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
10,849
Marco, no worries. I ordered extras, all of the other H75-8 backorders had been filled... of course you got the only two I had left...still want to know where that dang camera is...you guys are sneaky! ;)
 

Ced777

Member
Messages
231
JWR said:
Hi Marco, as you know, I recently replaced 4 Celestion G12H30 Anniversary with 4 Scumback SA12H75. I found the Scumbacks to be superior in several ways. First, they have a better blend from lows to highs than the Celestion. Second, they tend to make whatever amp I use sound just a bit better. Third, they have a more pleasing low end to my ears. My personal opinion make the Scumback SA12H75 my favorite speaker. I recently loaded another 4x12 with the SA12M75 as well. I like the H sound best.
+1
SA12M are great, but SA12H are huge! :D
 




Trending Topics

Top