Celestion Push-On Tabs - What Size Female Disconnect Crimp Terminal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by StratStringSlinger, Apr 27, 2015.

1. StratStringSlinger

StratStringSlinger Member

I was just paraphrasing what Celestion told me. Now that I review the thread I see the pic of the Gold tab measuring about .205. You mentioned you bought hundreds of them. Can I buy some from you?

2. David Howard

David Howard 703-738-9995

These 1/4" 16-14 and 22-18 connectors are easy to find in your local auto parts store, aka Auto-Zone or the like.

They usually have gold plated ones as well. The sizes they had were 1/8, 3/16, and 1/4 and larger. I did not see any 0.205" (6mm), but I have used the 1/4" ones like stated without any issues. A light press of plyers or if you have a firm grip you can press then tight once connected to your speaker. Easier to remove too if you change your speakers out more often.

I bet auto stores outside the US would have the metric 6mm ones, but in the states we are SAE so we have the fractional sizes.

David

3. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Just go to Ace Hardware and you will see female spade terminals with yellow, blue, or red caps. It will list a wire gauge on the package, you want the middle size. This isn't rocket science and it's also not critical. If it's slightly loose just crimp it slightly along the flat edge with pliers after they are on the speaker.

65DuoSonic likes this.