Celestion-UK or China?

AdmiralB

Up until sometime last year, it was easy.

No guitar speakers were made in China until 2002, and that coincided with the switch from ink-stamped frame codes to the paper stickers on the magnet edges. So, any speaker with the ink-stamped frame codes is by default UK.

From 2002 until sometime last year, the sticker looked like this:

In the upper right corner, it says "IPSWICH ENGLAND". That means...UK. The Chinese speakers simply have "50" in that corner.

Sometime last year, the sticker changed a little bit, and the "IPSWICH ENGLAND" is now in the middle of the sticker - the Celestion logo is moved up a little bit and it's under that. I haven't seen a Chinese speaker with the new label, so I don't know if it still says "50" or something else.

joolzriff

on greenbacks the MADE IN ENGLAND is EMBOSSED on the plastic back cover on the chinese it isnt
i have heard no difference in tone if this is one of those questions

vintage66

Both of mine have "50" on the sticker so I guess they're Chinese. I've read there's so difference in sound-just was curious to see if one of mine was the more "valuable" ones.

Iceman8.6

Up until sometime last year, it was easy.

No guitar speakers were made in China until 2002, and that coincided with the switch from ink-stamped frame codes to the paper stickers on the magnet edges. So, any speaker with the ink-stamped frame codes is by default UK.

From 2002 until sometime last year, the sticker looked like this:

In the upper right corner, it says "IPSWICH ENGLAND". That means...UK. The Chinese speakers simply have "50" in that corner.

Sometime last year, the sticker changed a little bit, and the "IPSWICH ENGLAND" is now in the middle of the sticker - the Celestion logo is moved up a little bit and it's under that. I haven't seen a Chinese speaker with the new label, so I don't know if it still says "50" or something else.
Are u sure about that? I thouht Celeston started making V30's in China in the mid to late 90's. But I could be wrong.

Trending Topics