Celestion Vintage 30 with Heritage Series G12-65 or G12 Century Vintage?

I'm thinking about creating my own speaker cabinets (two vertical straight 2x12's) for my guitar. I will be using one as an extension cab for my amp (for small venues) and both of them as a 4x12 cab for my amp head (for larger venues).

The speakers in question are:

Celestion
─Vintage 30 paired with Heritage Series G12-65 or G12 Century Vintage (Note that the 65 is the Heritage Series G12-65, and not any others sharing the same numerals─to make it easier to judge between different recordings).

If I could get sound clips of any of these─guitar only, that would be wonderful.

Even if
you can only record a clip on one speaker at a time, that'll work; I can get an idea of what the combination would sound like by playing both at the same time. I understand that a 4x12 will sound significantly different than 2 2x12's, but I'm just trying to match the sounds together right now.

Speaker recordings
are specifically what I'm after, not suggestions of other speakers. I've done a lot of searching to find these two and I'm trying to find recordings from those that actually have it.

Last edited:

Lespaulsignature 74

Gold Supporting Member
Hi CSR, First post I see...welcome to TGP! I don't think you will find sound clips of these various speakers in combinations but you can hear what they sound like individually. Go to You Tube/Broadcast yourself, enter the Speaker Manufacturer/ Model and type in demo! For instance Celestion Vintage 30 demo....! I have used many different Celestions over the years and my current favorite's are the Creamback M65 and H75 speakers. They sound very good together in a mix. Celestion makes an "A" voiced speaker you might also want to give a listen to. From what I've read here it seems like the Vintage 30 is the go to speaker for metal/high gain tones. It really depends on what sounds good to your ears.

Thanks for the welcome, LPS 74! I'm actually a longtime reader, first time poster, as with a lot of forums lately... ;)
Actually, looking at the demos on Youtube is how I decided on these speakers; I am trying to see if anyone out there has a sound clip of any combinations of these. I don't have money to buy several speakers, try them all out, and then return/sell what I don't use, so I'm just trying to get as much info as I can before I take the plunge.

Bruce85

Hello and welcome.

Not so long ago I did alot of research as you have been doing and alot of back and forth emails with Celestion about their different speakers and for different applications.

The V30 is probably their most popular speaker and alot of people love it however its never blown me away. If you are wanting a speaker for metal music I would suggest looking into the G12K 100.

I use a G12M 65 Creamback as I was wanting something with nice mid range a little bit more lows and highs that are slightly rolled off so that they aren't earpiercing. I find it to be a good all round speaker for lots of different genres.

Plus if it means anything it is the speaker that during my chats with Celestion they kept going back to regardless of what speakers I asked them about as the speaker that they feel they really struck gold with. So I dont think you would go wrong with it.

Enjoy!

guitarsngear

You can probably find demos of the Vintage 30/G12T-75 combo as it is very popular for metal and hard rock, also a Vintage 30/G12-K100 is not too uncommon and may have a demo out there.

Vintage 30/G12-H
If you could provide a description of that pairing, that would be good. A recording or sound-clip would be even better.
You can probably find demos of the Vintage 30/G12T-75 combo as it is very popular for metal and hard rock, also a Vintage 30/G12-K100 is not too uncommon and may have a demo out there.
I have found some demos for the first pairing, but I am still looking for others to compare it to─and I am finding that to be a difficult task, even with Youtube and Google as my allies. As for the second pairing, I don't believe I've mentioned the G12-K100 in my list of speakers I'm considering, so I'm not sure why you included it...

I have just updated the list of speakers I am looking for demos of; if you have access to these speakers, please feel free to send me a recording or two. or ten... ;)

lemonpaul59

I'm thinking about creating my own speaker cabinets (two vertical straight 2x12's) for my guitar. I will be using one as an extension cab for my amp (for small venues) and both of them as a 4x12 cab for my amp head (for larger venues).

The speakers in question are:

Celestion
─Vintage 30 paired with Heritage Series G12-65 or G12 Century Vintage (Note that the 65 is the Heritage Series G12-65, and not any others sharing the same numerals─to make it easier to judge between different recordings).

If I could get sound clips of any of these─guitar only, that would be wonderful.

Even if
you can only record a clip on one speaker at a time, that'll work; I can get an idea of what the combination would sound like by playing both at the same time. I understand that a 4x12 will sound significantly different than 2 2x12's, but I'm just trying to match the sounds together right now.

Speaker recordings
are specifically what I'm after, not suggestions of other speakers. I've done a lot of searching to find these two and I'm trying to find recordings from those that actually have it.
I suggest waiting for the Celestion Neo Creamback's release.

I've had good success with the Celestion Century Vintage, I prefer it to V30s.

Trending Topics