Ceramic Grill Users

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Killcrop, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

I have been using the Weber Charcoal grill exclusively for 20 years. I have been tempted by a Vision Ceramic grill at my local shop on sale for $450. Some sort of clearance. Is is that much better? Any downside?

2. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

i have a chargriller kamado grill and really like it. holds just about any temp you want for many hours with an average laid of lump charcoal. it's great for everything from steaks (a few minutes) to pork shoulder (many hours). it will roast a whole chicken in 40 minutes and everything tastes great.

3. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

I love my Big Green Egg! They are very versatile cookers.

4. Stratonator

Stratonator Member

Just be careful about Vision Grills. They seem to find ways of denying replacement parts.

I own a Kamado Pro S-Series and while it's been good for the most part, when I've had to have parts replaced, They haven't been too keen on sending me any. Others report no issues whatsoever in getting customer service. Bad luck, I guess.

Mine has gotten some spots that have been getting slowly stripped by the elements. Hoping it'll last.

I do wish to stress that it's cooked quite well and that my wife who was initially quite against me spending so much on a BBQ has now been converted and can't wait for me to replace the gasket so we can make some great food again. If you don't mind cooking, your wife will love it!

BTW, here's the warranty bit ; "Limited lifetime for all ceramic parts, 5 years for all metal parts, 1 year for cover, thermometer and gaskets, 90 days for side shelves and bakelite tab. This warranty is not transferable to subsequent owners."

If I had to do it again, even though it's initially QUITE expensive, I'd probably get a Big Green Egg. Customer service is supposedly top-notch and everything is easily and quickly replaced if/when it's needed. Not so with the Vision Grills... in my experience, anyway.

5. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you be able to buy parts? What is the point of denying that?