Cereal Bags

brain g

If you need to move or store loose pedals that aren't on your board, and you don't have a secure, foam-lined, custom-fitted road case at the moment, try wrapping them in empty cereal bags. (that you've removed the cereal dust from)

The plastic does a surprisingly good job of protecting the paint/finish on pedals.

brain g

Well, say you're going to a gig and have a few spare pedals that you're bringing as back up. They're not on your board, and if you throw them in a bag or case there's a chance the finish might get chipped as they travel.

There's something about the plastic that cereal bags are made of that reduces that chipping.

Check it out.

(And conversely, there's something about the quality of glass jars that, when smashed on the ground, tends to chip the paint on any pedals they might contain)

Last edited:

brain g

Ok.

In my day job I teach Tribology. I specialize in plastodynamics.

Try this: take any two bread bags, for example. Remove the crumbs. Insert one of your hands in each bag. Rub them together.

Repeat this with the aforementioned cereal bags. The ones that are the packaging inside boxed cereal.

Now, I don't really teach Tribology, but I think even those of you who use .56 gauge strings and have callouses 1 inch thick should be able to feel the difference, nay the SUPERIORITY, of the cereal bags.

Bag on.

coltonius

Señor Member
Not really… some bags are definitely better in this application than others…

for instance… I purchase Spaceman Effects pedals…

then…

I throw the pedal away and just use the bag that comes with it to transport my other pedals. :dunno
:spit

rte1023

I robbed a bank with a sock full of pedals. I spent all my pennies on the pedals so that wasn't an option. Perfect for a gig too!

Banditt

Does anyone know where I can find some late '50's Fruit-loops bags? I've tried the newer ones but they just don't seem to have the same "magic"....

Trending Topics