ceriatone centura finish

Vishnu

Is it possible to (safely) change the look from

to

by oneself at home?

0000 wire wool or some chemicals perhaps?

I have the shiny number and i am well scunnered with it !

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
Yep, steel wool, Liberon, scotchbrite. You’ll lose the labeling. You could put a little scotch tape cut to a small rectangle over the print to try to save it though...

shizzaq

Silver Supporting Member
Sell yours and get another one. The picture of the one you want was the original enclosure with the more rounded edges. It’s a little different than the new ones that are closer to the real deal.

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
I Googled the Liberon....a wood dye?
Super fine steel wool. Start with a course to cut the finish and work up with finer to the desired matte surface. It will definitely take a little elbow grease...

tonedover

This Is Fine.
Platinum Supporting Member
Sell yours and get another one. The picture of the one you want was the original enclosure with the more rounded edges. It’s a little different than the new ones that are closer to the real deal.
hang on. now we are saying there are current run mojo centuras that are somehow even more clone=y than previously?

pish posh, i maintain my low serial number centura has more magic dust than these “newfangled” ones

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Yep, steel wool, Liberon, scotchbrite. You’ll lose the labeling. You could put a little scotch tape cut to a small rectangle over the print to try to save it though...
Absolutely NOT. The final products are finished differently, so the results will not be the same. The chrome finish is a plating process and steel wool will not get you that matte finish as in the “raw aluminum” finish of the other Centura.

shizzaq

Silver Supporting Member
hang on. now we are saying there are current run mojo centuras that are somehow even more clone=y than previously?

pish posh, i maintain my low serial number centura has more magic dust than these “newfangled” ones
Oh no I was just talking about the case. I have the original case one. It’s great.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
I have both, but that chrome finish is the most beautiful pedal I’ve got. Don’t ruin it!

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
Absolutely NOT. The final products are finished differently, so the results will not be the same. The chrome finish is a plating process and steel wool will not get you that matte finish as in the “raw aluminum” finish of the other Centura.
Yes, it won’t change to aluminum but you can sure change the surface from mirror to matte.

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
Is it possible to (safely) change the look from

to

by oneself at home?

0000 wire wool or some chemicals perhaps?

I have the shiny number and i am well scunnered with it !
Safest and easiest, WTTF add. :aok

GTone80

Don't touch it man !! You will only have a bad suprise.

Try to email Nik to buy from him a one shot enclosure.
Or order one and sell the actual one.

I've got the Mat Silver enclosure. It looks "Mat Silver" but not "Raw nickel".

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, it won’t change to aluminum but you can sure change the surface from mirror to matte.
So, unless you want to spend several hours scrubbing down the finish to a matte finish, good luck. It would take sandblasting the finish to get a good consistent matte finish. Ive worked with chrom and steel wool just wont do the trick. The caroming process is actually very tough and when you are chroming aluminum or any metal (yes, even plastic can be chromed), the process starts with a nickel plating first, then a chroming which is usually 2 steps or more to get a pristine finish.

And steel wool will show all the inconsistencies in the hands on process and will not look professionally done.

RolandKorg

Leave it on my kitchen counter for six months. My previously shiny-new appliances always look dull and dingy after a short while.

Trending Topics