Ceriatone Expression clip/demo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by nsriley, Jan 8, 2008.

1. nsriley

nsriley Member

Messing around with my webcam.....so not great quality sound or picture. Ceriatone Expression with KT77's and EH 12ax7's. Southbay sealed 1x12 with Scumback M75 HP speaker. HotPlate to tame it. All amp dials on noon. Bright switch off. Most of the clip is pure amp OD and or clean based on guitar volume. Klon and MP Deep Blue Delay was used in small sections as listed in the title of the clip. Stock Fender Baja Telecaster.....excuse my sloppy playing. :eek:

Baja Telecaster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK2SyvnMaZ0

Gibson Les Paul '58 Reissue Historic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2nMFvu-x4U

2. Red Suede

Red Suede Member

Man, that Ceriatone guy is making good sounding stuff. I could definitely get behind that tone.

3. nsriley

nsriley Member

Thanks for the listen. Yup I love the tones I get out of it! :RoCkIn

4. zzmoore

zzmoore Member

nsriley -
    Glad to see this post. You have some very nice gear (just sent payment for a Klon). I was wondering if your Ceriatone was great right out of the box. Or did you have to play around with pre-amp tubes and other things to try and tame the gain of that Express clone.
    Thanks

5. nsriley

nsriley Member

I actually bought mine used from a guy here at TGP. He built the head cab for it. He already had KT77's in it, which I left so far because I like their sound. I changed out the preamp tubes from a mix match he has of lower gain tubes, to a balanced set of Electro harmonix 12ax7's which are one of my favorite current production tubes. I mean these amp were designed to be gain monsters to a degree, but clean up really well with the guitar volume. I have my volume usually around noon on the amp all the time and use a Hot Plate to keep it tamed in the house. At some point I'll probably check the KT77 bias with my Bias Rite to see what plate voltage is and how hot the bias is or isn't, but for now I like it's tone. :)