CeriaTone FX loop question

Kenny D

I just got my new CeriaTone Plexi. Awesome tone. That's another story.

I orderd it with a FX loop and have heard comments about "passive" and dumblator. What the heck does all that mean? Do I need some sort of amp to boost the FX loop???

When I use the FX loop, the signal dies. I can hear the reverb on what's left of the signal so I know the signal is getting through. Wassup wit dat?

Any help appreciated.

wbfree

I emailed him but he didn't get back yet. I was just wondering is anyone else has noticed anything like this.

Kenny I am only replying so I can be notified with any info you get on this.
I am in the serious thinking stage of buying one of these. and I want a good effects loop. Hope it all works out, I have been emailing Nik and he seems like a great guy to deal with, take care Kenny.
Thx
Burnie

ChrisB

I would think it is just a standard series loop.

I would double check all your connections from the loop to your pedals and back. Swap cables etc
Make sure you have the send and return the right way around. Easy mistake to make...

Kenny D

Kenny I am only replying so I can be notified with any info you get on this.
I am in the serious thinking stage of buying one of these. and I want a good effects loop. Hope it all works out, I have been emailing Nik and he seems like a great guy to deal with, take care Kenny.
Thx
Burnie

Here's the scoop. I guess the impedance of the loop must match the devices you are placing in it. I am not an electronics guru so all this tech-talk is gobbledygook to me.

The loop was wired to accept "pedal level" devices which are apparently different than pro rack gear. I am using a TC G-Major - obviously not a pedal.

I didn't know all this when ordering the amp. This is not Nik's fault at all. When he got back to me, he said he would gladly rewire the FX loop. My problem now is that the shipping back & forth to Malaysia would probably quadruple the cost of having a local tech just modify the loop. That's the route I am going.

The amp is great and I have learned something. The cost of the mod will probably be around $50. No big deal.

I highly recommend CeriaTone. Nick was great to deal with. When ordering your amp, just specify what kind of devices you are using in the FX loop and you will avoid this problem.

Live and learn!

Kitarist

really interesting ... hey man check out the ceriatone forums and post some soundclips and enjoy your new beauty hehe

Trending Topics

Top Bottom