• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Ceriatone King Kong

shock me

Silver Supporting Member
I've been debating between the KK and the Chupacabra. Channel 2 on the KK leans towards the tone of Yeti and after emails with Nik, he told me he could voice a KK towards a Chupacabra if I preferred that.

I think a KK voiced closer to a Chupacabra would be a great build. The buffered loop would have a level control as well, per Nik. Any other tips/recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I never did this.

Goldie Glocks

Just make sure you're okay with waiting a year to get the amp. I put in an order for a Chupacabra 50 in January (2021) and still no amp. It's "in the next batch for the builders."

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
Just make sure you're okay with waiting a year to get the amp. I put in an order for a Chupacabra 50 in January (2021) and still no amp. It's "in the next batch for the builders."

Weird, I just saw a post last week or two where someone here got their Chupa 50 in 5 months.
I was advised to expect a 6-7 month wait, which of course is just a rough estimate. I can wait it out tho.

Zado

Screenshot-20211015-071643-com-android-chrome.jpg

wntbtw

I've been debating between the KK and the Chupacabra. Channel 2 on the KK leans towards the tone of Yeti and after emails with Nik, he told me he could voice a KK towards a Chupacabra if I preferred that.

I think a KK voiced closer to a Chupacabra would be a great build. The buffered loop would have a level control as well, per Nik. Any other tips/recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I never did this.
I had both amps at the same time [Yeti & Chupacabra] and prefer the Chupacabra circuit--brighter & more aggressive than the Yeti. The 2 ch King Kong sounds like a great amp to have esp. w/ the Chupacabra circuit.

shock me

Silver Supporting Member
Nik asked me if I wanted a negative feedback control option on my build. +$25. Do I need it? Is it a must have? What will it do?

I'm going with a KK100, buffered loop with level control, channel 1 leaning more towards plexi, channel 2 is a Chupacabra.

Maltese Fan

Nik asked me if I wanted a negative feedback control option on my build. +$25. Do I need it? Is it a must have? What will it do?

I'm going with a KK100, buffered loop with level control, channel 1 leaning more towards plexi, channel 2 is a Chupacabra.
Sounds like my dream amp.

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
OP, my KK50 has the Chupa voiced gain channel. It’s a great amp. I didn’t bother with the buffered loop, but I generally don’t use loops.

Axe-Man

After tinkering I leant to Molecular values in the pre (classic M 2.7K/0.68uF setup), Yeti clipper diode values, 33K JCM800 slope vs the 47K SLO (on switch but I prefer 33K), NFB pot (I much preferred about 50-60K vs the 38K stock), passive loop atm (though I do have a metro), smaller resonance cap (2200pF) and including the missing 10K dropper if Nik will do it etc.

That makes the amp sound the absolute best it ever has. I’ve owned it for over 10 years. Rolls back better on the guitar, it doesn’t need you to push the EQ to get it bright (mostly around 12 now) so it doesn’t get fizzy, feel is also better (less stiffness at lower volumes). It’s just ’better’ IMPO. It’s a beast.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom