Ceriatone Vibro Champ- should I?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by auratnik, Oct 6, 2008.

1. auratnik

auratnik Supporting Member

I found one year old Ceriatone Vibro Champ head for 200 EUR... Is here anyone that have/ had this amp from Ceriatone and how it performs?
    Thanks!

2. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Not sure what the market (or availability) is like in the EU, but that price (adjusted) isn't too far off from a real Fender Vibro Champ from the 60's, especially if you consider Silverface models. They would also hold their value considerably better than a Ceriatone.
    Just some stuff to consider.

3. auratnik

An old Fender Vibro Champ in EU goes from 600-900 EUR but... you must be damn lucky to find one... I find this Ceriatone in the local mag... well Fulltone OCD costs 199 EUR but I agree, the resell value for Ceriatone probably isn't good.

4. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

In that case I'd say that for the cost of an OCD you'd probably have more fun with an amp (like the Ceriatone) to play around with. Do you have some speakers to put with it?

5. auratnik

Very old box from Marshall 2x12 Vintage 30...

6. JimmyD

JimmyD Member

I have a Ceriatone amp. They are very well put together with all the right parts. Buy without worry.

Jim

7. acoupland

acoupland Member

well, they're not always completely put together by ceriatone so you should ask for gutshots - who knows what it looks like inside.