Champion Leccy the Woozy

Discussion in 'Pedals and Effects Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by PSQRCL, Jul 15, 2019.

1. PSQRCL

PSQRCL Member

7th video, sounds from Champion Leccy's the Woozy!

Gonna make more videos soon - amongst them the Catrina Engineering Corazon, Spaceman Gemini IV and new Flux Effects Liquid Ambience so do subscribe if you're interested ( :

Peps likes this.
  2. Peps

Peps Fuzzonaut / Fuzzombie / Fuzz Magisterium Bishop Gold Supporting Member

I've been intrigued about this pedal since earlier this year. I really like the tone, and seems like the possibilities just never end. How is the pedal with fuzz? I have the shallow water and the hungry robot wardenclyff, would adding this pedal be redundant? Killer demo per usual, by the way :aok

3. PSQRCL

PSQRCL Member

Heya Peps! Thanks for the kind words, glad you thought so about the demo :)

The Woozy takes fuzzes like a champ. It's got a nice high end roll off that smooths out fuzzes that are run into it.
    Running the Woozy into fuzzes, I tend to keep the Love (level) at unity or just below depending on where Cheer (blend) is set. The Woozy imparts a 'ducking' delay quality when used that way.

I have a Shallow Water and can say that whilst they categorically similar, they are quite different tonewise and featurewise which is why I've kept both pedals.
    The Shallow Water has the slight edge in sitting behind the mix.
    the Woozy edges out slightly in being presence in the mix.

The Shallow Water and Woozy can both do 'subtle' settings real well. The Woozy has the edge on the more extreme settings - some of which I've found great uses for, especially with dirt.

Both pedals can get fully wet and have heaps of output above unity which I find really useful for modulation type pedals.

Shallow Water = Nostalgia, the Woozy = Wanderlust :aok

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try the Wardenclyffe and won't be able to provide my thoughts on it compared to the Woozy.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Woozy if you do end up getting one!

Peps likes this.