Chandler Echo Owners

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by donbarzini, Jul 27, 2006.

1. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

A buddy of mine has a Chandler Echo SDE-2 that he is going to let me use since he's not using it but he does not have the power supply or manual. Does anyone know if I can use a standard BOSS 9V power supply or should I use something else? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

3. d l x r e v e r b

d l x r e v e r b Member

A manual usually is available for 12 dollars from an eBay source and includes some suggested factory "pre-sets" as well as other information. With any piece of equipment, especially if boutique and no longer manufactured, always read the manual.

I use a 9 volt 200ma adapter. Best idea is to buy an adjustable adapter from Radio Shack for use in many types of equipment, 15 to 20 dollars as I remember.

d l x r e v e r b

4. dosmun

dosmun Member

The manual is not worth $12 save your money. I have a copy save your money. Yes a Boss 9v tip- Power supply will work.

5. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

6. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

I purchased my SDE-2 directly from Chandler in the late 90's. The power supply that came with it is 9V DC 300mA. That's nice to hear that the 200mA will work.

You'll be sorry when your buddy asks for it back. It is one of the best sounding delays I have heard under $600 (which was the new msrp on these). I just picked up a Diamond Memory Lane last week. I was looking for something a little easier to carry instead of a rack. The original intention was to get rid of the SDE-2 when I got the Mem Ln, but I can't bring myself to sell it. It's too good!

7. dosmun

dosmun Member

Ya gots ta luv da SDE

[​IMG]

8. dosmun

dosmun Member

9. donbarzini

donbarzini Member