Chandler Little Devil Boost or BK Butler bias?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MontyW, Feb 15, 2015.

1. MontyW

MontyW Supporting Member

Okay folks I've been gifted a bit of cash from my wife, who said go and buy yourself a pedal :) Gotta luv her.

I've always wanted to own either a Chandler Limited Little Devil Boost or a BK Butler with the bias knob.

This is purely an indulgence... so which pedal should I go for. I'm a Strat / plug and play guy who plays Blues/Rock and nothing much else.

So which pedal should I go for? I'm in the UK so cannot play a BK before buying, but I have played a Color Boost and loved just about everything it could do.

Thanks!

2. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Silver Supporting Member

I have only tried the Chandler and I love it.

Here it is, with rotary switch set to 2nd position, volume at 2 o'clock, toggles set to mids and bright. Guitar is an old Ibanez Roadstar with a slightly hot Bartolini in the bridge into a home made amp that is more or less like a Marshall 1987, but with a master. The amp would be slightly dirty without the pedal, but nowhere near metal crunch or anything:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/kdhx/microwaves-refrigerator-heaven[/SOUNDCLOUD]

3. MontyW

MontyW Supporting Member

Thanks for the post. So this track is just Chandler straight to s aslightly dirty amp? Sounds rather nice :)

4. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Silver Supporting Member

Yes, no other pedals on, 2x12 cab mic'ed up, can't remember the mic. There is a Boss pedal in the chain(but not activated), so there is one buffer, I guess. There are WGS speakers in the cab, can't remember the model. The song is from the second Alice Cooper record.