Chandler SDE settings?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shaky fingers, Feb 18, 2008.

1. shaky fingers

shaky fingers Member

I have mainly used my SDE for a great sounding old school delay, i was wondering if any of you guys wanted to share the settings you use for your SDE

Here's my favorite:
    Delay time - 128
    Time - 6
    Depth - 0
    Rate - 0
    Repeats - 1
    Mix -2 (Depending on input volume and size of 2nd amp)
    Hi Cut - on

2. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

I really enjoy my SDE. I use it for about five or six different delay types, so the settings are constantly changing. Is there a more specific question within your original question?

- Thom

3. shaky fingers

shaky fingers Member

For staters, I have heard this unit can get some decent rotary - leslie type sounds. Also, I just now starting to expereiment with longer delys for ballads. I have used a Boss DM-2 for years, which I love, I'm jut trying to find some new voices out there. ANy thoughts on settings would be apprecaited.

4. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

The depth and rate settings can get you some mild-to-crazy detuning chorus effects, that may be a little Leslie-like, especially at lower rate, with effect level low. I tend to use this just as a delay, and, like you, leave the depth and rate knobs down to zero.

Honestly, I don't think I can be of much help, 'cause I'm the type that just fiddles about to get the right sound, and doesn't pay much attention to the settings. Same thing with driving: I can navigate by landmarks, but don't ask me what the name of the street is :D I think you're wanting to approach this from the opposite direction, which is just fine, but it's not my way.

I will say that, for longer delays, you might want to run the Hi Cut off, and use the level to taste. I tend to like the Hi Cut on most of the time, but especially when going to shorter delays.

- Thom

5. shaky fingers

shaky fingers Member

Too funny..I dont know street names either:rotflmao. Actually my approach is similar to yours, I have found a couple of useful settings, but am still trying it out. The high cut off on the longer delays makes sense. I hadnt thought of that before..very helpful.....