• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Chandler SDE settings?

shaky fingers

I have mainly used my SDE for a great sounding old school delay, i was wondering if any of you guys wanted to share the settings you use for your SDE

Here's my favorite:
Delay time - 128
Time - 6
Depth - 0
Rate - 0
Repeats - 1
Mix -2 (Depending on input volume and size of 2nd amp)
Hi Cut - on

Timbre Wolf

>thermionic<
Platinum Supporting Member
I really enjoy my SDE. I use it for about five or six different delay types, so the settings are constantly changing. Is there a more specific question within your original question?

- Thom

shaky fingers

I really enjoy my SDE. I use it for about five or six different delay types, so the settings are constantly changing. Is there a more specific question within your original question?

- Thom
For staters, I have heard this unit can get some decent rotary - leslie type sounds. Also, I just now starting to expereiment with longer delys for ballads. I have used a Boss DM-2 for years, which I love, I'm jut trying to find some new voices out there. ANy thoughts on settings would be apprecaited.

Timbre Wolf

>thermionic<
Platinum Supporting Member
The depth and rate settings can get you some mild-to-crazy detuning chorus effects, that may be a little Leslie-like, especially at lower rate, with effect level low. I tend to use this just as a delay, and, like you, leave the depth and rate knobs down to zero.

Honestly, I don't think I can be of much help, 'cause I'm the type that just fiddles about to get the right sound, and doesn't pay much attention to the settings. Same thing with driving: I can navigate by landmarks, but don't ask me what the name of the street is :D I think you're wanting to approach this from the opposite direction, which is just fine, but it's not my way.

I will say that, for longer delays, you might want to run the Hi Cut off, and use the level to taste. I tend to like the Hi Cut on most of the time, but especially when going to shorter delays.

- Thom

shaky fingers

The depth and rate settings can get you some mild-to-crazy detuning chorus effects, that may be a little Leslie-like, especially at lower rate, with effect level low. I tend to use this just as a delay, and, like you, leave the depth and rate knobs down to zero.

Honestly, I don't think I can be of much help, 'cause I'm the type that just fiddles about to get the right sound, and doesn't pay much attention to the settings. Same thing with driving: I can navigate by landmarks, but don't ask me what the name of the street is :D I think you're wanting to approach this from the opposite direction, which is just fine, but it's not my way.

I will say that, for longer delays, you might want to run the Hi Cut off, and use the level to taste. I tend to like the Hi Cut on most of the time, but especially when going to shorter delays.

- Thom
Too funny..I dont know street names either:rotflmao. Actually my approach is similar to yours, I have found a couple of useful settings, but am still trying it out. The high cut off on the longer delays makes sense. I hadnt thought of that before..very helpful.....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom