Chandler Stereo Digital Reverb

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by James, Feb 17, 2008.

1. James

James Member

Hi ya'll,

Just picked up one of these for a song on craigslist. Anyone else out there have one of these? I vaguely recall one being for sale around here (or ebay) a few months ago. Aren't they really really rare? This one is near-mint.

It sounds pretty good, although I'm really partial to spring reverbs for guitar. I may put this into my PA rack. The Plate Reverb simulation sounds pretty decent.

Thanks,
    James

2. jimmycupo

jimmycupo Member

hi if your not happy with it, i may interested in it!! i have never seen one though,can you post a pic or email me one of it?? thanks!

3. James

James Member

Hi there,

Sure. I just e-mailed a picture of it to you. But I should mention that I'm happy with the unit, and am not planning on selling it at this time. Just looking to see if anyone else has any knowledge or experience with these units.

Thanks, all best,
    James

4. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Best $20 you ever spent...

TheGrooveking

James likes this.
  5. James

James Member

LOL! GrooveKing, you are a cyber-detective. :D That is true. Who doesn't love a good deal?

:Spank

all best,
    James

6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

That's not a good deal, that's a crime! Those are highly desirable for their killer analog processing (what has to be done to the input signal before it's digitized) and their sweet reverb. If you decide to sell, keep me in mind, too...

James likes this.
  7. Bluewail

Bluewail Silver Supporting Member

Well I recently got a Chandler SDE-2 as well and while my deal wasn't so sweet, the unit was NEW IN A FACTORY SEALED BOX!! I couldn't believe when I saw it. In any case it is a fabulous delay, very smooth and musical. It has knocked out both the DLS EchoTap and Boss DM-2 from my best sounding delay list, but I'm still addicted to the EchoTap's tap tempo feature so it's my go-to choice for gigs. Man I wish they made a Chandler delay in a pedal with tap-tempo. That would be so sweet!

James likes this.
  8. James

James Member

I'll second that. The Chandler SDE-2 is my favorite echo gadget as well. Congrats on finding a mint one in the box. I bought mine from a TGP member and am really looking forward to getting another one as a back-up at some point.

Chandler made cool stuff...

9. Jules6120

Jules6120 Member

I have owned a couple of Chandler SDE's - sold them and tried to find something as good in a pedal. - Nothing I have played or owned ever sounded as good as the Chandler...

I finally got a local tech to get the rack mounted Chandler unit, pull the guts out of it and put it in a pedal for me.

It now has a pride of place on my pedal board.

James likes this.