Changes coming for Reverb.com?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Meriphew, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Janus Alfador

Janus Alfador Member

Are you viewing on mobile? I'm viewing in a desktop browser and see neither the page views or listing age.

[​IMG]

2. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

You say this on a page filled with people upset they made even minor changes to something made in 1950.

sprawlstopper likes this.
  3. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

Fir the 473,000th time: Sales tax is, was, and always has been a transaction tax, not an item tax. Unless you’re buying it from yourself through a commercial entity, you haven’t paid sales tax on the acquisition of that item.

4. Vhailor

Vhailor Supporting Member

Yes, I'm viewing it on a desktop, not a mobile. I see the views and how long ago the item was listed, both immediately under the name/title/heading of the listing. You should see them too.

NOTE: WTF is the exchange rate??? Your image shows a CAD price, and mine a US$. Do those prices accurately reflect the exchange rate? (And it is the same item page for the same guitar from the same seller...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  5. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

There is a new layout being rolled out. That's why people have such different layouts.

ericb likes this.
  6. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

For the 473,001 time, no sh!t Sherlock. It’s still double taxing and f@cking robbery. If you think it’s so reasonable, you can pay my sales tax on used items.

*J*, chirills, dshobe and 4 others like this.
  7. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

Paying sales tax on used items is the result of dweebs who can't balance the freaking budget.

Lt Dak likes this.
  8. Vhailor

Vhailor Supporting Member

Ah, apparently they wanted to change the look. As opposed to improving its usability.

Typical. Sadly.

9. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

Agreed. Slower, harder to find stuff, and less user friendly. What egghead thought this was a good idea? The new layout for an item page is really cluttered and busy. Hate it.

10. Janus Alfador

Janus Alfador Member

Your picture is of the old Reverb site. That version is much cleaner looking and is more straight-forward. Etsy said they've updated the Reverb site to focus on what matters most, but the new version of the site has less focus than the old one and doesn't provide as much useful information. The redesign is a big downgrade, IMO. It also seems to be slower-loading for me than the old site.

To get the CAD or different pricing, there's a button at the bottom of the page. It's there on every listing and you can switch to whichever currency you want to see items listed in.

11. pete12string

pete12string Supporting Member

Buyers used to be able to avoid sales tax on the Internet as long as the seller did not have a presence in the buyer’s state. Most states have mandated that sales tax be collected if the seller has a certain number of transactions or has sales of a certain amount per year. Smaller sellers (unless they are selling through Reverb, etc.) are not required to collect sales tax. At least that’s how I understand it...
    ;)

modavis99 and dougstrummer like this.
  12. LordThurisaz

LordThurisaz Member

Focus on what matters most?! What a load of bull plop. It's a busy mess.

Janus Alfador likes this.
  13. GreatSatan

GreatSatan Member

i recently sold my last ever item on reverb, not because of the etsy thing but because the laws changed in cali that a % tax is applied to all online transactions, new or old items, something i feel they've dpne nothing to earn any right to (cue money for nothing).

Its going to be strictly craiglist, cash-in-hand for me here on out (prices will be much better anyway), or aalking into mom'n'pop/non-chain stores.

14. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

Again, how is it double taxing if it's a transaction tax? You admit it's a transaction tax and then try to believe it's double taxing? How does that even make sense? If you don't want to pay sales tax, I guess you can move to Afghanistan because I think that's about your only choice in the world, and that may have changed by now.

15. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Supporting Member

I heard they were phased out completely. ;)

HERSCHEL likes this.
  16. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Praise & Western Silver Supporting Member

True; prices for us in CA just went up 10% as Reverb started collecting sales tax on all transactions.

17. DiPa

DiPa Constant GAS Gold Supporting Member

We usually see products on Reverb for sale for much longer than a year, maybe 2 years, for various reasons, so if Etsy can sell our products beyond the regular channels very quickly at 12% rate, wouldn’t this be a plus to the seller in moving that product very fast instead of it sitting some 2 years or longer? Just thinking about the above upset posts, I too am not excited to pay 12%, but I would not mind if I have something for sale that’s not moving past a year and get it sold. Still beats 25% consignment fees. Just sayin...

TwoHandsTenThumbs likes this.
  18. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Praise & Western Silver Supporting Member

Sorry....https://tradingeconomics.com/afghanistan/sales-tax-rate

HERSCHEL likes this.
  19. Surf Sloth

Surf Sloth Supporting Member

This is exactly what I’ve been doing since the tax law.

Reverb has to be suffering from it. A lot of people consistently say they have shopped way less there because of it. They may still be strong in business but it must have hurt them really good.

Steely Glen likes this.
  20. Surf Sloth

Surf Sloth Supporting Member

I knew someone would say that here sooner or later. I’m sure he knows that. We all know that. They still get charged through reverb. Enough with the bs.

LordThurisaz and Vhailor like this.