Changes for TGP in 2016

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by Brian Scherzer, Jan 30, 2016.

1. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

pleeeeze?

"media folders" is just photobucket or whatever done in-house, no advantage that i can see.

the software does allow for drag & drop right off our computer into the post, and plenty of other forums enable that with no problem (talkbass).

2. jhale

jhale Supporting Member

Can you move the commercial and non usa sections to bottom of page instead of top?

3. Dave M

Dave M Supporting Member

Thanks for the separate sub-forums. When can we expect to see the commercial/dealers all moved into their correct sub-forum?

4. Brian Scherzer

Brian Scherzer Staff Member

Approximately on March 1st.

5. Da Geezer

Da Geezer Supporting Member

Excellent!

It seem very few dealers are using the new section "voluntarily"....the regular emporium is still clogged with their ads. :mad:

I eagerly look forward to not having to wade through the dealer ads to find the individual/non-commercial "for sale" items. :aok

Thanks for all you guys do!

6. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Where are the USA emporium listings?

S.
    j

7. Empros

Empros Member

The international forum is useless if there's no distinction between Canada, Europe and Australia regions.
    Might as well remove it all together.

8. 9fingers

9fingers Supporting Member

++++ Thanks Brian & Co.!

9. neteraser

neteraser Member

I have to say your original intention to forgive unethical behavior for builders or at least close your eyes on it for certain time / degree was quite damn right. Such approach (and probably not the fighting itself) is what I really liked in you and TGP, and in my opinion this is what makes a great community -- good sense and freedom all the way, limited to the rules to keep it from going into bitching, but freedom. It seems you've been blessed to realize and implement such approach much earlier than anyone else, and I think that's a big part of TGP's success. In no way should you ever regret such decisions. You were totally right, what's to regret here? Please keep doing a great job.

The reason I have to say this is because I'm potentially such a person who walks near a ban for unethical behavior. But also a person who ultimately doesn't want to miss his last train with TGP. Enough that I got kicked from my previous little business (in other field). I'm a good guy after all, who respects the rules more than breaks them. It's just that I'm a fighter type (I don't mean a boxer), never managed to simply go by unfairness, both in terms of big companies bashing and personal insults when somebody calls someone a troll, idiot, moron etc. out of nothing. I'm not yet a business, nor going to open a business this year (most probably), so I felt like I can make a few "negative" (as perceived by some members) comments about companies who get all the praise, leaving nothing to what I think was a real deal. That mostly wasn't "company XXX sucks" (or at least I can't remember saying so), but rather "company XXX makes better transformers" which can be qualified as a technical opinion, but now I realize that was still breaking the rule, so I'm surprised I'm not banned and thank you for allowing me to stay for now. I will do everything I can to payback to the community. Of course, from now on I'll try to keep silent about my amplifier preferences, so that trick was only working for some time. Again, as I said, this is going to be really hard for me personally, but I'll handle. So what I want to say is: as you can see, your previous thought on allowing builders to get it right sometimes works. It was a good thing. If you're not going to ban me after this post, then I'm going to be a proof that you've been right to think so.

Generally the less people are banned, the more people can call TGP their home (not to teach you, just my opinion). Please keep rocking no matter what.

10. neteraser

neteraser Member

Besides, I don't get where to ask for feedback and thoughts for my prototypes demos (again, I'm not yet a business, don't have any finished products or sales aside from a few hacked amps I've been working on for the last 4.5 years). Some people (even professional techs) post their builds right in the Amps and Cabs forum and get positive reviews or even future deals there, the logical step would be to post in Builders and Retailers forum, but the content tradition seems to be a little different there, that's more for advertising of newly released products. The feedback is very important to me, so I ask for your clarification whether or not I'm allowed to post in Amps and Cabs forum asking people for example what they feel about a certain potential amp format (for example a certain combination of a tube, speaker etc). The official rules are indistinct here, because asking for feedback for what isn't finished is not a widely-spread business practice, but that's the case for me.

11. ruk777

ruk777 Member

KICK ASS AVATAR!!!!!!!

12. ruk777

ruk777 Member

how do I start a new thread??????

13. Figaro

Figaro Supporting Member

In each section, "Amps and Cabs" for example, just click on "Post New Thread" located on the right side.

14. Da Geezer

Are the dealers now required to post in the commercial section??

I notice a LOT of them "sneaking" over into the private section, especially the guitar emporium.

Also a few "individuals" constantly selling 10, 15, 20+ guitars at a time

:dunno

15. Brian Scherzer

Brian Scherzer Staff Member

Yes. If you see a dealer posting in one of the regular emporium areas, please let us know and we'll move it.

16. Da Geezer

Thanks Brian

17. JJCA

JJCA Member

The problem is that one can be punished merely for saying something unpopular or eccentric. For example, I once received an infraction for "flame bait" because I stated the simple opinion that "Money" by Pink Floyd, and "Layla" by Eric Clapton, were terrible songs. Of course, no one would care if someone said The Germs suck. In political ethics, this is a known problem when it comes to policing offense: the issue becomes that the most easily offended gain more power than people who are more laid back. In other words, because classic rockers tend to be more easily offended by comments about their favorite musicians---perhaps because there is a level of idolization and hero worship in classic rock that's far beyond the level of anything similar in (e.g.) punk---it gets to the point where one can't state a negative opinion about (e.g.) the Beatles without being punished. This is silly.

vicenzajay and kidmo like this.
  18. kidmo

kidmo Member

Can we please have a "Troll" sub forum so that idealists that seem intelligent enough to put together a thought provoking post but still seem "oblivious" to the fact that what they are saying goes against 99.9% of mainstream populism? Just sayin...

19. killerburst

killerburst killerburstguitars.com Silver Supporting Member

Any chance of limiting the number of for sale ads by a single seller again, at least in the commercial emporium? Currently there are two sellers with 10+ individual ads occupying the entire first page, with one exception. It's easy to imagine that if someone wanted to peruse the commercial emporia, seeing the first page flooded by 1 or 2 guys would probably make many people click <back> immediately. I know there used to be a per-member-limit of 4 concurrent posts in a given emporium.

20. bbutler123

bbutler123 Member

Hey Brian, here's a post that I had to send to soundchaser. Maybe you could correct the situation I mention. :) thanks

No, I'm sorry. And the reason you can still see the message is that Gear Page makes it too much work to delete it.
    I'm not going to look up instructions if I don't remember how to delete a post. I think they should just give a delete button to people in the Selling Forums.

Again, sorry you had to trouble yourself, soundchaser.

Bri