changing knobs on fulltone pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by strombie, Feb 29, 2012.

1. strombie

strombie Member

bought the 69 mkii last week, came with black knobs. trying to swap the black ones out for some cream colored ones but I don't see any screw on the side of the black knobs to remove it. Checked out my other fulltones (plimsoul, ocd) and they don't seem to have them either. My Fulldrive 2, however, does have the screw on the side. So.. how do I get the knobs off? Is it possible? I've thought about just pulling up really hard on the knobs but don't want to damage anything. Anyone else done this before? Thanks

2. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

In general, knobs should pop right off unless they have a set screw of course. I've never seen another type of knob personally. I have several Fulltones, I thought they all had set screw knobs.

3. strombie

strombie Member

figured it out, there was a screw, I just didn't clarify that it wasn't a standard screw, but a hex screw...so I found an allen wrench small enough and got the knobs removed. Cream knobs now in place! looks much better. Thanks

4. Stratm69

Stratm69 Member

Cool, you figured it out!

A great way to remove knobs that don't have set-screws is by using a flat-blade screwdriver to pry them up. Rotate the knob, pry, rotate, pry, rotate, pry, and so on... You can stick a piece of cardboard underneath so you don't scratch or dent the paint-job on the pedal.

You can also stick a piece of tough string under the knob to pull the knob off.

5. strombie

strombie Member

Yeah I thought I was going to have to try. Did that with the knobs on my Les Paul and that method worked nicely. Thanks again!

6. jeremywhitten

jeremywhitten Member

what size wrench? having this issue...

7. Alchemy Audio

Alchemy Audio Silver Supporting Member