Changing Pick Ups on a G&L Comanche?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by vikingrat, Dec 17, 2009.

1. vikingrat

vikingrat Member

Anyone here ever do that?

2. googoobaby

googoobaby Member

It's a swimming-pool rout so it should be easy if you have a fitting new pickguard. I really liked the Comanche pickups when I owned mine so I never thought about it.

3. po-boy

po-boy Member

every guy i've ever met with a comanche bought it for those pickups - never seen or heard of anyone replacing them - they should be relatively easy to sell if you do decide to change them though -

4. alguit

alguit Member

I owned two Comanches and loved everything about them except the bridge pickup-I found it too harsh and thin on the treble strings.

I know it would have been aesthetically awkward, but I'd have liked the bridge pickup to do a reverse z, where the treble string ceramic magnets were further away from the bridge than the bass strings. I have a Voodoo Strat whose bridge pu slanted opposite of a regular strat's and it was such a sweeter sound.

You could replace the whole pickguard with another guard and pickups and keep the original for a possible resale.

I just went ahead and found other guitars. Still, they are so well made, great tremelos, and the other pickups sounded wonderful.